Company Name?!?!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

TinyTim

DJ Extraordinaire
Nov 2, 2017
Hello again everybody! So I am trying to get the ball rolling and get this DJ thing off the ground. I am going to get some business cards made but I have ZERO idea as to a name for this thing. I have briefly joked with family and friends about using the moniker, "DJ Tiny Tim" (mainly because I love puns and I currently stand at 6'1"/425 lbs), but I don't know how well that will translate to a business name. I have thought about ENC Express Entertainment (with a steam locomotive in the back ground with music notes coming out of the smoke stack for the business card) but other than that im kinda lost. Anybody get any ideas or pointers to try and figure this thing out? Thanks in advance!

I’ve personally branded myself and not just a generic Dj company name. The brand is me and therefore that’s what I focused on and have worked hard to make my brand a household name amongst my clients when discussing Dj entertainment. I think Dj tiny Tim is a better option than whatever else you though that has no significant value or meaning, If you wanna add Llc or entertainment at the end go for it but with a name like DJ tiny Tim it’s obvious ur a Dj. You can add a tag line to your branding like I did where I have luxe event Dj and production... but again up to you. Stay away from cheesy logos with trains and musical notes... that’s pretty 90’s and early 2000’s and doesn’t appeal to millennial based clients. Look for clean modern font types and hire a graphic designer if you can.

I'm not good with catchy names either. I didn't even come up with the one I use. A woman who used to be one of my favorite IT customers (before I retired) used to call me Bobcat (I normally go by Bob). I thought it was funny, so that's what I used for my DJ name. I named my company Bobcat DJ Services, Inc.

Reactions: TinyTim
I’ve personally branded myself and not just a generic Dj company name. The brand is me and therefore that’s what I focused on and have worked hard to make my brand a household name amongst my clients when discussing Dj entertainment. I think Dj tiny Tim is a better option than whatever else you though that has no significant value or meaning, If you wanna add Llc or entertainment at the end go for it but with a name like DJ tiny Tim it’s obvious ur a Dj. You can add a tag line to your branding like I did where I have luxe event Dj and production... but again up to you. Stay away from cheesy logos with trains and musical notes... that’s pretty 90’s and early 2000’s and doesn’t appeal to millennial based clients. Look for clean modern font types and hire a graphic designer if you can.

yeah. that more I have played with the train design thing, I am not liking it as much. Maybe DJ Tiny Tim Entertainment?

DJ Tiny Tim could work. I wouldn't put entertainment as the name, but maybe a tagline under that says "dj entertainment for >>>>> events" or something similar. This could be a solid start to an image if you are solo....if you want to ever have employees, not so much.

This is what I came up with on VistaPrint. I like it. The design looks kinda cool but it's not over the top. uqJIA-&width=330&scene=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vistaprint.jpgZKnHA-&width=432&scene=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vistaprint.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is what I came up with on VistaPrint. I like it. The design looks kinda cool but it's not over the top. uqJIA-&width=330&scene=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vistaprint.jpgZKnHA-&width=432&scene=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vistaprint.jpg

Would be better with your picture on it. With a photo, people begin to feel like they know you. They recognize you when you arrive at a meeting or at their event, and it makes them immediately more at ease. Especially tying the business name to your name....that feeling is important.

Or Photoshop your face onto the other Tiny Tim's one ... might make for an interesting graphic ..

Would be better with your picture on it. With a photo, people begin to feel like they know you. They recognize you when you arrive at a meeting or at their event, and it makes them immediately more at ease. Especially tying the business name to your name....that feeling is important.
Only problem there is I don't have decent portrait of my self other than my official uniform photo for work! Lol

My company name legally is Dance Doctors has been since 1985 however I market myself as DJ John and with fantastic results

You could also tie in with the "other" Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol .. :)

That is actually the theme of my avatar picture! Lol

I didn't even notice .. woops ...

I didn't even notice .. woops ...
Go with that logo .. just put DJ above Tiny .. maybe make the circular part look more like a 45.

Reactions: prodjay and TinyTim
I'm with Taso.
I chose the company name Gold Plated Productions as a twist on my real last name.
But when it came time for a website name, I went with Mike Foxx.com...
because my name was more familiar.
If a former client is asked for a recommendation,
they will definitely remember my name before they remember the name of the company.