Bar & Club Clubs & Bars In Your Area.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Do you work these?

Unfortunately, our bars around here are mainly VFW type places, strip clubs and small sections of restaurants. One of the very few nightclubs around here (http://sincityct.com/ ) basically caters to wannabe players. I did sound there once for a band ( a police athletic league fund raiser ). JBL Vertec units all over .. 1/3 of them had blown horns .. sounded like crap. I supplied my own system just to make it through the gig.

If I were to go out, it's a good half hour to New Haven or Hartford for anything that resembles a club.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm lucky to live in a great place - we have Waaaaaaaaay too many for me to list here. These guys pretty much have it covered haha

http://www.nightlifevirginia.com/places/
I had picked out just a few. Like you we have a lot. One one site there are ten pages. http://www.clubzone.com/c1/houston/nightclubs There are still a lot missing. I want to say that in a 1 mile radius of where I live (Outskirts of Houston), there has to be at least 30/club/bars. Hell there are at least 5 major Groceries near me and about 1-2 gas stations per corner.

We have 1 grocery store in town .. nearest gas is 3 miles.

We have 1 grocery store in town .. nearest gas is 3 miles.
Really! Thats odd. Everywhere you turn there is a Sports Bar, Pawn Shop, Cash Loan Store, Cell Phone store/Provider, Gas Station w/Convenience store, Restaurants, Fast Foods etc Don't even ask about the Strip Centers and malls.

Really! Thats odd. Everywhere you turn there is a Sports Bar, Pawn Shop, Cash Loan Store, Cell Phone store/Provider, Gas Station w/Convenience store, Restaurants, Fast Foods etc Don't even ask about the Strip Centers and malls.

Small town .. 8800 people. No pawns, no cash loans, no cell phone store .. all 10-15 min away. No fast food either (Except our Dunkin Donuts). We do have 5 pizza joints, 4 gas stations, 3 banks (and a BofA ATM machine) and 1 CVS drugstore. Chinese take-out too.

Small town .. 8800 people. No pawns, no cash loans, no cell phone store .. all 10-15 min away. No fast food either (Except our Dunkin Donuts). We do have 5 pizza joints, 4 gas stations, 3 banks (and a BofA ATM machine) and 1 CVS drugstore. Chinese take-out too.

Mine's not so small -- I just happen to be located in a weird spot commuter road. Traffic is horrific -- sometimes takes me 20 minutes just to get out of my driveway!

There's nothing down here -- it's an industrial area -- fast food is like 5-6 miles away. With the traffic, you can figure a half hour each way.

So since I have cameras monitoring the road -- I started making notes. 2:30 pm on Tue, Wed and Thursday is the best time to go out.

I'm sort of guessing, the traffic we have now, is part of the reason we don't have clubs any more -- just little local bars you can walk to.

Madison WI (pop. 236,000, metro area 550,000) has only three or four clubs, but a lot of DJs manage to get special nights with restaurants (restaurant to population ratio here is the highest in the country). Nat Spil is a restaurant that has become a predominant place for performance DJs (no dancing though). A prominent local house DJ has Tuesday nights at a restaurant three blocks from me. Am trying to figure out how I can make some inroads with this unusual sector.

Offer to play at low cost on an off night. You may find one or two shopping for a backup DJ.

5000 people here. The only thing in the immediate area for us - several pizza places, 1 chinese food, 1 roy rogers, 1 supermarket (if you even want to call it that), 2 liquor stores, 2 gas stations, 2 banks and a rite aid.

Last edited:
Offer to play at low cost on an off night. You may find one or two shopping for a backup DJ.

Thanks, Steve, that's something worth considering. Are you suggesting approaching those restaurants already working with DJs? Most of them actually do engage DJs on an off night.

What are your suggestions regarding charging? I was thinking of approaching a coffeehouse I frequent where I would simply get all the door charges and they get all the business, but I'm not sure how attractive of a prospect that would be for them--or if I could get a better deal than that.

Thanks, Steve, that's something worth considering. Are you suggesting approaching those restaurants already working with DJs? Most of them actually do engage DJs on an off night.

What are your suggestions regarding charging? I was thinking of approaching a coffeehouse I frequent where I would simply get all the door charges and they get all the business, but I'm not sure how attractive of a prospect that would be for them--or if I could get a better deal than that.

Even if they have a or several DJs, there is usually a pretty good turnover and they might be interested if you cater to a different (and eating or drinking) crowd.

Getting the door take, or something that won't cost them much to "take you for a test drive or 2" might be worth investigating. If they don't normally have covers (some don't), maybe you can work something else out.