Christmas/Holiday Music

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Bobcat

DJ Extraordinerror
Nov 8, 2014
Oklahoma City
Anybody have some good tracks they're playing at Christmas/Holiday events this year?

Would this one be inappropriate?
I think it's funny.:laugh:

I was asked to provide a list of songs a group could use for Christmas games. Being that I didn't know which way they wanted to go, I provided various titles from all genres - one of them being Christmas In Dixie. I was informed that this song should be dropped because the term 'Dixie' refers to Louisiana in the 50's and 60's (which as relates to the story line of the song, it in no way does so). IMO, it's being dropped simply because of the word 'Dixie'.

Odd enough, the same person is accepting of the song 'Baby, It's Cold Outside', which if you look at lyrically, could be linked to this sexual harassment environment that's in the public eye right now.

Last edited:
I have two Christmas songs that I like, the rest, I can live without, but I love Christmas, so go figure

End going off topic, carry on.

I have two Christmas songs that I like...

TWO???[emoji1] You only like TWO Christmas songs???... Outta thousands of songs???[emoji1]

I have a whole lot of them, but there's WAY too many covers of the same old Christmas songs. The past couple of years though, there have been several, pretty good, new Christmas songs.[emoji4]

Last edited:
TWO???[emoji1] You only like TWO Christmas songs???... Outta thousands of songs???[emoji1]

I have a whole lot of them, but there's WAY too many covers of the same old Christmas. The past couple of years though, there have been several pretty good, new Christmas songs.[emoji4]
Yes, just two.

One of the reasons I like idjpool .. over the past years they have posted 2300+ Holiday songs (though there isn't many Hanukkah ones in there) .. 23 added this year so far ..

upload_2017-12-3_14-13-0.png

I usually go to a number of my Christmas music CDs to play at holiday parties. Traditionally, I would play holiday music for cocktail hour, and some during dinner. Maybe 20 to 25 at most, and I only have 2 holiday parties scheduled this year. Makes no sense to purchase more moving forward since it's almost always artists re doing older songs.

Reactions: ittigger
The original is by Vince Vance and the Valiants. All I want for Christmas is you. My Dad booked that band back when he was booking bands!

Take a listen...you might like it better than the Mariah Carey version!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuGmyxGl2o

I have that version as well, but it's really hard to believe it's the same song.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been my favourite the last few years. Minglewood is a local guy kind of a country/blues/rock performer and has been a friend of mine a long time. he gave this away on his website a few Christmas back

Music starts at :27 or so