Change to table appearance/facade..opinions/ideas?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I've thoutht about velcro or clips to the table itself- like any banqet table - but that's too short - the back of mixer/controller/etc will show ..so it needs to be 12" ish taller...

So that means i need something 12" tall to attach it to.

An issue is the skirt I have now is longer than a 4' table needs - easy fix, get a shorter (less wide) one.
The PVC pipe is 95% satisfactory, but takes time to setup and is heavy (like a pair of stands). I guess I could re-design it to sit on top of the table..clip/clamp to it so now it's the same width/length but only 12" tall...should cut the weight/size by 1/2 or more.

Looking at it though... I wonder if you could velcro it to the back of the stand itself. Like, right underneath the platform, but facing the DJ. That might work to have access to power and be able to run the mic.

I know some like that open look - and for some events that would be nice, but A) i don't spin and B) most of events are weddings/reunions where the focus isn't supposed to be on me, like it would be at a club or school dance perhaps.

all you would see is midline and up. You just see laptop screens, and no DJ equipment, therefore you can't actually see him spinning.

It looks funny, and I don't get why someone would want to cover up themselves DJing.

I just disagree. Your equipment is no more protected, and you just look like your hiding behind something.

It absolutely covers up you DJing. There is no argument there.
I guess it depends what YOU think DJing is .. :)

I've thoutht about velcro or clips to the table itself- like any banqet table - but that's too short - the back of mixer/controller/etc will show ..so it needs to be 12" ish taller...

So that means i need something 12" tall to attach it to.

An issue is the skirt I have now is longer than a 4' table needs - easy fix, get a shorter (less wide) one.
The PVC pipe is 95% satisfactory, but takes time to setup and is heavy (like a pair of stands). I guess I could re-design it to sit on top of the table..clip/clamp to it so now it's the same width/length but only 12" tall...should cut the weight/size by 1/2 or more.

Ross is talking about the open design from the link I posted.

If you go to FB and look at the group 'great dj setups'..again, it's the eye of the beholder..some I like and most are over the top.
Most that get 'great raves' look something like this -
84872cd6e9be89876428783257c7c099.jpg

4' wide is what I seem to end up with... so two laptop stands, under one is the mixer and under the other is the controller, behind them (toward the audience) is the wireless mic. About the width of the above setup. (and you can't see him/her 'spin' either)

Also on the table is gonna be the mics, a drink (water, coffee), a clipboard with the announcements/itinerary - need to have it written (or ipad perhaps) so that when lining folks up you can an adjust for reality - change in groomsman, order, etc. Also allows me to be anywhere other than behind my console (for when I bring a helper). I could go for a shorter facade..the height it is now was because of the rack I had at the time.

I suppose a 'desktop' - say a 6" thick 'drawer' could function - recess the controller, mixer, mic into it and put it all on a pedestal to route the wires to the floor and on out to the speakers. 3 or 4U thick and triple wide..57"?

this is too clunky looking - all the way to the floor (or black table cloth at least) would be better
hqdefault.jpg

maybe...how about 1 or 2 subs and use the sub pole as the base for the 'table'? Hmm...

Well, looking at @IceBurghDJ 's setup pics above, that facade is definitely not too high, and is very clean and neat looking.
You still think there's no argument to be made for something similar to that?

Several of the djs in my area use this--https://www.planetdj.com/odyssey-fzf3336bl

Coffin goes on top. It looks really clean, but If I go that look (not using a 6ft table), I want something unique and super stylish. I actually prefer the carpet version to the black metal look.

Carpet is so old school, especially for speakers and what not, but it looks great on these stands.

I can't get enough of the awesome look of the Hoerboard, but it needs some improvement for mobile use. Lot's to come in the next year with DJ tables.
STEREO T DJ TABLE | BY HOERBOARD

WHAT??? I look GOOOOOOOD in that pic!!!:laugh:

Alright, alright... confession time... That's not my real body either.:laugh: Mind you, I've lost a pound or two recently because I was sick, but this is me walking around in my spandex pants.:laugh:...
upload_2017-7-13_14-52-20.png

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ... Now I don't want any of youz guyz coping this and putting it up in your bedrooms!:laugh: That would be creepy!:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
WHAT??? I look GOOOOOOOD in that pic!!!:laugh:

Alright, alright... confession time... That's not my real body either.:laugh: Mind you, I've lost a pound or two recently because I was sick, but this is me walking around in my spandex pants.:laugh:...
View attachment 32520

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ... Now I don't want any of youz guyz coping this and putting it up in your bedrooms!:laugh: That would be creepy!:laugh:

Good Lord I think I need to ban myself...Where is that button ;)

Those pants are even more revealing than those Lululemons that were recalled a while back.

Do you DJ looking like that? If so then you do need the 6ft tall facade I mentioned earlier.:D

Those pants are even more revealing than those Lululemons that were recalled a while back.

Do you DJ looking like that? If so then you do need the 6ft tall facade I mentioned earlier.:D

DJ looking like that picture of me in the spandex pants???[emoji1] Who would ever do something CRAZY like that? Of course NOT!!'... I wear my tank top shirt and flip-flops! DJing barefoot is unprofessional IMO.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk