BlissLight

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I remember the first time I saw one at 40/40 club in Atlantic City for the 07 DJ Expo. I thought it was incredible at the time. But I'm now at the point that I wouldn't do any laser effects for most events. Based on the heavy discounting they're doing, it looks like I'm not the only one...

Reactions: ittigger
I don't exactly know why their discounting - but there are other products that some may think are similar (but are not) for much cheaper. I think the Bliss is one of those that you either like or don't like. No middle ground. While nothing can replace the mirror ball, I think it does decent standing in for one.

Maybe their coming out with a new design?

I do know some of the components have changed / been upgraded over time - so I'm not sure if that means the components cost less to produce or what. The 'million moving stars' is mesmerizing. The moving background is nice too.

The blue ones are out of stock, and the green one has a 2-week lead time? My guess is that they're closing these out completely. You'd be stupid to spend that much on one of these now that the same company is selling a consumer version for $60.

I had one about 10 years ago, and then a friend borrowed it for an event where it got stolen. He paid me to replace it, but I decided to just keep the cash. The "wow" factor of this effect is long gone.

I can beat that price on on that, I have one that only got used 1 time and got put right back in the box.

All of the venues around here think that the ceiling should be black.

I couldn't afford one when they came out, so I bought a Micro Galaxian. (just the stars with no "cloud" effect)
But I could never find the right place to mount it so the stars were right over the dance floor. (straight up)
I always had to hit it from an angle, so the stars always looked elongated.
Glad I never did buy the Bliss Light.
Although I think it is still a cool effect.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I have the BL 15 (blue wavy cloud w/ green laser dots). Use it at most weddings to shine above the dance floor.

I have 1 that I picked up from GC in Richmond several years back. I love the slow moving starfield - I think the Galaxian does a star 'burst' and no slow moving 'random bright' stars.

The Galaxian is much like the cheap ones you see advertised as a way to decorate your house for Christmas.
Green and/or red dots. You can have them move, or stay static.
Can't really adjust speed.