Big Event...Alto Stealth wireless worth buying?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Yeah, I watched the video and it looks like your tops handled it well enough, but personally I would have brought bigger subs.

I would have loved to bring 18s. However, I don't own a pair, and renting a pair of KSCKW181s was an option, but it would have been about $190 out of my pocket to rent them. Plus I would not have been able to bring the 6 speakers I was originally going to set up in this room along with 2 18s.

I also rarely do larger events that should have 18s for that big thump. It's not worth the investment on my part to keep an 18 or 2 in storage for maybe 1 event a year because I know I won't want to lug an 18 out to my weddings I do.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I agree, given the situation it wasn't worth it to rent them.
It looks more like your agency wasn't able to get any kind of confirmation on how many would be attending and just tried to find someone that would work within their budget.
Regardless of what I said earlier about getting used by the agency, if overall they are good to you and you also get some more appropriately priced events from them and not just the cheapies, then it's all good. Sometimes you have to take one for the team if you know there will be payback down the road.

I've done that..but it's a pita or near impossible or limiting - i don't want to run cables across doorways, up / down steps, etc.

wireless is a nice solution..the cost is a consideration.

I went wireless with my DMX for $140. If I could do that with speakers...

Go with long cables. It's a little more work to run them and tape them down, but it's also guaranteed to work flawlessly. Why take an unnecessary risk?

Reactions: SEDJ