Being handicap has it's good side at times.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Now of course I would rather be back to my old self but sometimes being handicap has it's advantages. Some people because they see me walking with a cane are very nice to me.

I had to go to court today and it cost me $6. That was for the parking. I got there and the judge threw the ticket out because he saw I'm handicap. The ticket was for when the van was towed due to me parking in a handicap spot. I thanked the judge and God.

Now onto the news about my health. I'm in the doctor's office now. I called the doctors office for the one who was originally to do the surgery. The lady named Donna who schedules the surgeries told me that the doctor wasn't following the hospitals rules. At my height and weight I have to do a weight loss program first before the doctor can do the surgery. This is Saint Barnabas Medical Center rules. So I'm here visiting my doctor to see what he recommends. Also I need my blood pressure medication back.

I found out I have to wait till next year by 2 doctors to get the surgery. So now I was told this. So for those who know losing weight is not easy. My father has been dead over 9 years. His solution would be to do push backs. Push back from the table! LOL.

So don't know when it will be done. The lady did give me a number for a place connected to the Medical Center. I called them up and they don't take either one of my insurances. I was told it's almost $130 for an hour their program. I can't afford that. So I'm here seeing what my doctor would suggest.

Last thing. I went to the DMV to get a duplicate registration and the lady saw my condition, she had me come to the front of the line to be next.

As for losing weight .. ditch the carbs (nothing with sugar or flour) and it tends to come off. Hard to sustain, but it works to drop 20-30 pounds in a few months and no special diet needed.

Well, maybe if you get shot at one of the gigs you worry about, you'll get even MORE perks ...
Wrong on this one. I don't worry about such a thing because I'm careful as to the events I do including a bar gig. If it's something that I don't feel comfortable doing I will pass it up. Let another DJ do it. My life is worth more than any amount of money. Well right now I'm not doing gigs due to my health issues.

To the DJ that said I'm sick for making this thread, let me say this. The serenity prayer comes to mind. Accept the things I can not change. I can't change my condition. It is what it is. I never said I liked it. The way I see it is my condition won't get better until after I have the surgery. I saw my doctor today and he gave me the number to another doctor to see. I called the number and the lady on the phone took my number. She said she would call me tomorrow because the office was very busy.

My doctor said how was I going to exercise when I can hardly walk right? I'm just looking forward to getting relief so I can get back to doing what I love.