Behringer Xenyx 1002b mixer

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Anybody here got one of these? I'm thinking of picking one up for my ceremony rig. This may sound silly but I currently use a Yammy MG10, but it doesn't fit in the brief case I use for my ceremony case. I want to have everything perm-mounted to where I can just pop the lid up, plug in the laptop and go. This one looks small enough to fit the bill and it has the option of running on batteries. I've had several xenyx mixers and they've been good units. Just wondering if anybody has actually had one before I pull the trigger.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I had one years ago (Eurorack UBB-1002) .. OK little unit, nice that it had battery power as an option and it had both pre and post fader sends (for both effects and a floor monitor). I think the lower phantom power is due to the 3 9v batteries used in it. The power supply was wonky .. similar to the one on my Sharks .. multi-pin, multi-voltage unit.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I had one years ago (Eurorack UBB-1002) .. OK little unit, nice that it had battery power as an option and it had both pre and post fader sends (for both effects and a floor monitor). I think the lower phantom power is due to the 3 9v batteries used in it. The power supply was wonky .. similar to the one on my Sharks .. multi-pin, multi-voltage unit.

Yea, the rest of my Xenyx mixers have the goofy power supply. This one wouldn't really matter as I'll have the PS and cabling tied down. I currently have a MG10 sitting sideways, on top of a GTD receiver. It's a bit cramped and I have to re-position the mixer. With this one I'm hoping I could just tie everything down then when I get to the gig, just open the case lid, plug into power and the speaker and rock.

I have the 4 of the 802 which is basically the same mixer but smaller and all but one still works. Technically the fourth one still worked too but it had a bit of noise I retired it

Behringer Xenyx 1002b mixer
Used for years , Maybe 10-12 times a year Mainly for ceremony. Never ran on battery but, liked the option. I liked the faders as opposed to knob attenuaters
Had no issue with the unit. Discontinued at one point. Must have been popular demand?

Well I stopped by GC and picked one up. Fits my little setup perfectly. Walk in, flip the case open, connect power and an audio feed and the ceremony rig is done. It’s not any smaller than my mg10, but it fits the space perfectly.
AD166D52-2BDA-43FC-9318-1FC4F1915FA9.jpeg

Last edited:
You'll be happy. Build like a tank & very clean sound.

Might as well use bottom feeder garbage over a quality unit
The issue is there isn't a better replacement for some gear without moving to a different stratosphere. I don't care much for Behringer, but they do have a few products for which there are few competitors.

Reactions: DJ TJ
I’ve owned a few xenyx mixers and they are solid performers. Only reason I dropped then was that I wanted xlr outputs.
Not much difference between XLR and balanced TRS other than a locking connector.

Do those xenyx mixers have balanced 1/4" outputs? For some reason, I was thinking they were un-balanced.
The 1002b does, as do their USB models. The low end Xenyx 502 thru 1202 ones do not.

Last edited:
The production company I work for uses a lot of the 1002's (or very similar Behringers)
We often do events and festivals with multiple small setups...
and they work very nicely.

I have a 1204FX that's become useless garbage. Channel 3 blew out when I inadvertently had phantom power turned on. Channel 1 has also become noisy too. Also the USB isn't built into this unit. They included a USB soundcard which was the first thing to go belly up.

The power switch is on the back and the phantom power switch is right next to it. To me, that's a design flaw because it's too easy to mistakenly turn on phantom power.

I have a 1204FX that's become useless garbage. Channel 3 blew out when I inadvertently had phantom power turned on. Channel 1 has also become noisy too. Also the USB isn't built into this unit. They included a USB soundcard which was the first thing to go belly up.

The power switch is on the back and the phantom power switch is right next to it. To me, that's a design flaw because it's too easy to mistakenly turn on phantom power.

Throw it away and buy another. It's cheap and disposable and when one starts acting up, get rid of it.