banner at gig

Discussion in 'DJ Marketing' started by DJ Not Applicable, May 14, 2017.

1. DJ Not Applicable

DJ Not Applicable DJ

What is the overall consensus of displaying a banner with your business logo on it at a dj gig?

2. sonic-vision

sonic-vision DJ Extraordinaire

Not at a Wedding reception .

ittigger and steve149 like this.
  3. BlueLineDJ

BlueLineDJ DJ Extraordinaire

I will do it at parties, school dances, public events etc but will not at like a wedding reception, sweet 16, etc.

sonic-vision and ittigger like this.
  4. azdeejay

azdeejay DJ Extraordinaire

What has already been said so far.

ittigger likes this.
  5. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I do a step and repeat at public events, rather than just a banner across my setup (which takes away from the beauty of the setup). I place a red carpet and red velvet stanchions with it to make it look attractive. Photographers use it, or if none are present, guests take pics themselves in front of it. When they share the pics online, they're helping me spread my name. NEVER at a private or formal event.
    upload_2017-5-15_1-11-36.png
    upload_2017-5-15_1-11-48.png

6. DjDennis

DjDennis RIP - JTV, RICK, PAUL, JYNXX, Esoteric

Most other places ..................... BUT

NEVER AT A WEDDING

sonic-vision and DJ Bobcat like this.
  7. Albatross

Albatross DJ Extraordinaire

The only place I've used my vertical banner stands is at bridal shows. But my main events are weddings, and as others have stated... they aren't an appropriate spot to advertise.

8. DJ Ricky B

DJ Ricky B DJ Extraordinaire

Only Bridal Shows, and public events.

Any private event where I am being paid to be their DJ, I feel it is inappropriate to display a banner.

However, as Taso pointed out...If the client is okay with it, offering a Step and Repeat with your log or name on it with pictures is a great idea. However, The client should not be paying for it if you are showcasing your logo

9. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I might have not worded it best... but that Banner is ONLY at Public events (teen dances that are open to all, festivals, bridal shows (which i dont do now), etc). I would never use that at a closed private event wether its for a company or a wedding or birthday.

DJ Ricky B and ittigger like this.
  10. redhotdj

redhotdj Its 5 O'clock somewhere

Its your choice do what YOU feels right

11. redhotdj

my, nice legs

12. rickryan.com

rickryan.com DJ Extraordinaire

I have to admit, to my everlasting shame, I used to have a 2'X3' sign that I used to display at weddings. This was very early on in my transition to DJ from a solo musician. At one wedding, I put my little sign out only to have it removed by the planner (likely at the request of the bride). I found it, and put it back out and as soon as my back was turned, she removed it again. After that, I gave up and let it be. It wasn't until the next week that it really hit me at how tacky it was for me to do that. Since then, I'm firmly in the camp that you just don't don't put out a sign or banner at weddings. In fact, I won't do it at other events either (proms, mitzvahs, etc). It just isn't worth it.

DJ Ricky B likes this.
  13. DjDennis

DjDennis RIP - JTV, RICK, PAUL, JYNXX, Esoteric

Sorry but if thats how you feel putting up a banner at a wedding I wouldnt even pay you at all

its the most TACKEY thing a Dj can do to ruin a wedding for a bride
    so if you only been a dj for 5mins (sounds like it)

then have fun looking for more work when the word gets out that you have a tackey banner to showcase your business at a wedding

ftv-girls-5x1.gif

there are a LOT of BAD DJ SETUPS online.......

14. redhotdj

you like black I like white, sign or no sign that's what makes the world go round

DJ Not Applicable likes this.
  15. DJ Not Applicable

DJ Not Applicable DJ

I have just become a mobile DJ and am learning the ropes. I was a club DJ for over 10 years and had to switch to mobile because we relocated and all the clout I had hard earned was instantly erased.

Thanks for the advice.

16. Ausumm

Ausumm Day Late and a Dollar Short

You'll get a TON of advice here.

Whether you want it or not! :laugh:

ittigger likes this.
  17. Jas

Jas DJ Extraordinaire

Yes, I display a huge banner with my logo, email and phone number! But I haven't had many bookings lately, don't know why... :dontknow:

18. DJ Not Applicable

DJ Not Applicable DJ

I'm sure you were absolutely perfect the first couple of times you did a wedding. I bow down to your infinite perfection.

Club to mobile is a big switch. Maybe if you were my manager I would have gigs flowing in with no end. You are so knowledgeable about being a mobile Dj.

I do have a question for you and everyone who has been condescending towards me in this thread.

If you guys are so fully booked and are the top Dj in your respective markets...

Why are you spending time on a Dj forum?

19. Albatross

Albatross DJ Extraordinaire

I'll be honest... I don't see anyone being condescending in a way that was aimed at you. Having a little fun with the question, maybe, but nothing that looked mean spirited.

ittigger likes this.
  20. DJ Bobcat

DJ Bobcat Media Broadcaster/Commentator

I wish I was the top DJ in my market, but I'm not. Not even close. I've only been a mobile DJ for a couple of years, but most of what I've learned that's worthwhile I've learned from the guys on this forum. I belong to three other DJ sites, but this is the best, by far. If someone comes across as condescending, (with one notable exception whose name we won't mention) I'm sure it was unintentional. Give it a little time and get to know the different personalities, and I know you'll enjoy this forum, and you'll get a lot out of it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ittigger likes this.