Are you one of those dj's who...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
lol...that brings up another key reason i dont eat... one bad piece of chicken... or mismanage your poop clock...and u are in for a miserable performance...or WORSE...

id much rather have a little stomach growl than hit a brown note on the "one"...

Seriously? That is what you are worried about? You could just as easily get bad food from what you brought from home or what you ate on the way to the event.

Also, if you don't think there is time to use the restroom, that is why you should always have BACKUP personnel with you. You bring backup gear, right?

I am beginning to wonder about the professionalism of dj's at these events. WOW!

Also, if you don't think there is time to use the restroom, that is why you should always have BACKUP personnel with you. You bring backup gear, right?

I am beginning to wonder about the professionalism of dj's at these events. WOW!

That's why Freebird and Stairway to Heaven were written ;)

One thing I noticed is that when the client insists that I partake in the food - they probably feel guilty for getting my services at lower price than other quotes they received. Especially when it's a $50-100 plated dinner.

When I went thru an agent, food was always in the contract, but the monetary compensation wasn't all that great.

Reactions: djcrazychris
lol...that brings up another key reason i dont eat... one bad piece of chicken... or mismanage your poop clock...and u are in for a miserable performance...or WORSE...

id much rather have a little stomach growl than hit a brown note on the "one"...

I think this makes it pretty clear that a policy on not eating at events is rooted squarely within personal insecurity. EVERYONE is human, including the guests - any one of whom could also become quickly overtaken by a fast moving flu or food reaction. The notion that as a DJ our performance must be super-human does not advantage us in any way and may in fact, hold us back from being as authentically great as we are capable of being.

Completely hiding our vulnerability, that is - denying our own needs simply renders us invisible. It informs others they need not make any consideration for us. I want my work to be fulfilling and nothing would leave me feeling less appreciated than this practice of being the invisible super human.

The most notable characteristic of Superman is that he lived in a fortress of solitude.

Reactions: Jeff Romard

This is another way we are controlled by fear. It's a "functional insecurity" that is a direct result of working entirely alone and having no support. We end up thinking we need to be superhuman to meet what are otherwise ordinary expectations. The truth is we can wake up on any given day with an ailment or injury that will be our kryptonite. The time to prepare for that is now - not 2 hours before we're supposed to load in.

One thing I noticed is that when the client insists that I partake in the food - they probably feel guilty for getting my services at lower price than other quotes they received. Especially when it's a $50-100 plated dinner.

When I went thru an agent, food was always in the contract, but the monetary compensation wasn't all that great.

gives new meaning to the term ... "Working for peanuts" ... :humble:

cc

When it comes to Food - look at it as HOW much will be THROWN away in the after so why not provide a meal to the Dj will it hurt them at all, I have always been fed and sometimes if I say no thanks I have almost been FORCE FED!!!

so if you look at and see how much food is wasted then you may wonder why you didnt get a meal....

have a nice day

So you are sitting at your table and the Bride comes up and drops some of the late night Pizza in front of you do you say no thanks?

Happened to me last night...And it was very good :)

I ate at my gig last night. I even ate during cocktail hour. The planner told me to go and try all the cheeses they had on the table because it was an unbelievable spread of cheeses. ...She was right. Very good cheeses!

A quartet was doing cocktail hour prior to the ceremony. (Yes, they had a pre ceremony cocktail hour)

I could not set up because where I was going to be set up was on the top of a stair case where the bride was walking down for the ceremony. So after the ceremony they had another cocktail hour. I had my phone set up to my Bose S1 Pro for the 2nd cocktail hour with a play list setup while I set up for the reception.

...So I had 3 plates of cheese and crackers, and some veggies. Then during dinner, I was fed Chicken Kiev with a single huge piece of brocolli and some sort of mash potato.

It was a small dinner though. ...I ended up stopping off at Royal Farms for some Mid NIght Chicken Sliders and Western Fries. I ate that at 1:30 a.m. :)

...The 2 dudes in line at Royal Farms told me my shirt was cool. I told them I just got back from deejaying a wedding, and had a long 12 hour day. They thought it was pretty cool. ...I think they just smoked a bowl or something because they were rather happy, and extremely hungry. ....All is good though.

:)

This is another way we are controlled by fear. It's a "functional insecurity" that is a direct result of working entirely alone and having no support. We end up thinking we need to be superhuman to meet what are otherwise ordinary expectations. The truth is we can wake up on any given day with an ailment or injury that will be our kryptonite. The time to prepare for that is now - not 2 hours before we're supposed to load in.

That's why we have backup gear and backup personnel at every event.