Weddings Anybody do a ceremony like this

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJKLEEN

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2016
Lafayette la
I saw this the other day and thought it was cool.... I got a wedding booked and I will see if she would like,to do something untraditional like this!

Nobody hardly wants the traditional wedding songs. The last wedding that I did, I played the Star Wars soundtrack! The one before that was to the NFL song and the exit was to the saints "who dat". The grooms was to "who,let the dogs out"

YouTube's 50 Best Videos - TIME

Reactions: ittigger
The video was 7 years old. If it were the big next big thing, it would've probably taken off long before now.

Several immediate thoughts came to mind. Getting groomsmen to participate in such choreographed demonstrations is like herding cats. When do you (the bride) tell them this is going down and how many people will need to be replaced? A convoy is only as fast as the slowest ship. One person with two left feet and the rhythm of a bowling ball might push rehearsals into weeks.

Walking in to campy music tracks is easy, tongue in cheek, and cute. While it may set a party tone for later on, to me, it sets the tone of how long this marriage will last.

Sorry for the grumpy tone. I'm still being rocked by the flu.

Did the wedding party outnumber the guests?[emoji1] I like that song, but is it a little weird dancing down the isle to a song sung by an abuser of women?[emoji1] I dunno?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually donated a bunch of profits from the youtube hits to Abused Women groups. (The abuse came after the video)

Ya know, ya try to separate the music from the performer, but sometimes it's not easy. I play a lot of stuff by artists who have serous issues in their personal lives. But you also have to consider how the audience is going to react. It's a balance.[emoji4]

Ya know, ya try to separate the music from the performer, but sometimes it's not easy. I play a lot of stuff by artists who have serous issues in their personal lives. But you also have to consider how the audience is going to react. It's a balance.[emoji4]

I have wondered, because I wasn't doing DJing then, if Michael Jackson's music was toxic for a segment of time because of the allegations?

Reactions: DJKLEEN
I have wondered, because I wasn't doing DJing then, if Michael Jackson's music was toxic for a segment of time because of the allegations?

I wasn't DJing then either, but I can remember several years when Michael Jackson was kinda on everybody's DNP list.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJKLEEN
I'm all for fun crowds but I have to tell you that this notion of anything-but-anything-traditional ceremonies always bothers me. Playing something besides the Bridal March is pretty much standard now but when I have clients who intentionally pick the weirdest, oddball selections, it signals to me that they're not taking their vows very seriously. It also seems that those who don't value their ceremony are much more likely to blow off marriage at the first bump in the road.

I can't say anything, since I'm looking for a Pink Floyd song to dance with my daughter at her wedding in Aug.

Ya know, ya try to separate the music from the performer, but sometimes it's not easy. I play a lot of stuff by artists who have serous issues in their personal lives. But you also have to consider how the audience is going to react. It's a balance

Let's be honest...
these days, darn near every famous person has SOMETHING to be ashamed of...

I just read something about what is out. At weddings

5: THE DJ IS ALWAYS DAGGY

3071BB2100000578-3409538-image-a-31_1453430263901.jpg
Bad DJs are out: Daggy DJs who don't play to their audience, or play the music too loud, are on the out

Ms Bentick said: 'one upon a time it was all about the dress' and brides would happily skimp on music or catering in favour of their dream gown.

She said the worst DJs she had seen were ones that could not pick their crowd.

'Sometimes let's be honest, a little bit of daggy '80s music can get the party started,' she said.

'But don't keep it on too long.'

She said DJs who played the wrong genre of music for their audience, or music that was too loud, were also deal breakers.

Read more: The annoying wedding traditions you need to ditch in 2016 | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is daggy?

TOP DEFINITION
daggy
additional to the previous definitions: australia (and new zealand) are sheep-farming countries and our populations are familiar with many of the aspects of farming livestock. a "dag" or "dags" is the colloquial term for the dung which collects and mats into the fleece immediately surrounding a sheep's anus; it hangs in dried-out dangling clumps which make a sound when the sheep runs, hence the phrase "rattle your dags". a sheep should be "ring crutched" to avoid or relieve this condition: crutching is the removal by shearing of all fleece surrounding the genitals usually in a circular shape or ring. a sheep not cared for properly in this way willotherwise collect dags - hence the possible connection to insults concerning fashion and appearance. the sight of a daggy sheep is unattractive and comical, although the mats of contaminated fleece may be painful and usually attract blowflies and other pests; and therefore to call someone "daggy" is to liken them directly to a neglected sheep's anal region suffering from this condition.
oh gross that outfit makes you look totally daggy - take it off quick!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan The Man
I wonder if there is a dj daggy? Out there somewhere?

If you can't pick your crowd,,,,,just pick your nose!

I found a dj daggy!

I,wonder if he knows his name means,,,,dried up sheep shit balls that make clanging butt sounds?

Dj daggy