Any mixtape dj's here?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

djcrazychris

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 12, 2018
hey gang

i was curious if any of you ever dabbled in the world of mixtapes?

i had a little notoriety in the early to late 2000's as a mash up mixtape dj...

here are some of my titles ... TheORIGINALdjCrazyChris

my biggest hit "Eminelton"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmHMDD4CDc
was a mash up of Eminem over Elton John songs... it was spread all over the world and i was nominated for a "Justo" award... an international award show held at The Apollo theater... such an honor to be nom'd .... and ofcourse i lost...lololol

good times!

cc

hey gang

i was curious if any of you ever dabbled in the world of mixtapes?

i had a little notoriety in the early to late 2000's as a mash up mixtape dj...

here are some of my titles ... TheORIGINALdjCrazyChris

my biggest hit "Eminelton"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmHMDD4CDc
was a mash up of Eminem over Elton John songs... it was spread all over the world and i was nominated for a "Justo" award... an international award show held at The Apollo theater... such an honor to be nom'd .... and ofcourse i lost...lololol

good times!

cc
Well done.

I was once nominated for best Dj on my side of the street, east end. I lost too. :)

I used to make mixtapes way back in the early 80s. One of them them found its way into the hands of someone at a very large NYC radio station. I ended up getting a position as one of custom mixers for their late night 4 hour mix show on Saturdays. After a while they started us doing 30 minutes Supersets during the afternoon. It was a really good time as the radio station had plenty of parties at large clubs, Xenon, Studio 54 and The Underground. I saw a ton of artists but didn't get to meet them. I remember seeing Madonna perform when she only had a couple of 12"s. I was also able to pickup records directly from the records companies in NYC too. It lasted until my Video Dance Parties at the colleges took off in around 1985. I actually got the idea for my Video Dance Parties at one of the radio stations party.

I used to make mixtapes way back in the early 80s. One of them them found its way into the hands of someone at a very large NYC radio station. I ended up getting a position as one of custom mixers for their late night 4 hour mix show on Saturdays. After a while they started us doing 30 minutes Supersets during the afternoon. It was a really good time as the radio station had plenty of parties at large clubs, Xenon, Studio 54 and The Underground. I saw a ton of artists but didn't get to meet them. I remember seeing Madonna perform when she only had a couple of 12"s. I was also able to pickup records directly from the records companies in NYC too. It lasted until my Video Dance Parties at the colleges took off in around 1985. I actually got the idea for my Video Dance Parties at one of the radio stations party.

That sounds fantastic! Good stuff!

cc

Reactions: ittigger