Another remote ceremony speaker

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Saw this in a Sam's Club ad today. It struck me as a possibility for remote ceremonies (smaller). It's claiming 100 hours of battery life (yea, right) and has 110-volt plugs coming off (wireless mic, PC). I'd like a little more power than 100 watts (likely peak) but still, it's a very compact package. What do you guys think? $130.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/rocki...5d547b8a8daf47ee196d886871d658227ef44031c2d8d

If this is a free add on for a tiny ceremony ... or for a very remote (middle of the woods) tiny ceremony - and you're not worried about presentation quality, then I think ok. The USB's are not for connecting as an audio device - you might be able to use the Aux In. Other than that, you can only use this device as a bluetooth streaming device. This is a really small system - 8" driver with what I imagine is a really small amplifier.

PS: I think you need to read the reviews. A few point out that the build quality is low, system doesn't remember volume level, you have to reset the NOAA alerts each time you turn it on, bluetooth is not operating efficiently and others. Sounds like this falls under Rule #1. If it was me, knowing there are much better options available, I'd pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ausumm and steve149
I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this. You get what you pay for. If I were you I would stick with the real deal so people will take you seriously.

Reactions: sonic-vision
id never want my clients to see my equipment for sale at the place where they buy their groceries.

cc

Most of ‘em would NEVER know. People who are not into DJ gear or audio equipment in general, just pass by that stuff and pay no attention to it at all. The one’s you have to worry about are other DJ’s.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you strive to have a professional image, that includes professional gear, and it IS the opinion of other professionals that matters .. that's what makes the gear "professional" in the first place.

I suppose if a certain percentage of professionals started using Alto, well, who knows .. :)

id never want my clients to see my equipment for sale at the place where they buy their groceries.

cc

You better head over to walmart.com then and make sure none of your equipment is being offered on there! :)

I see LOTS of DJ equipment being shown on walmart.com from third party sellers. ...EVEN TRUSS!

The American Audio ELSGO8BT speaker handles ceremonies and cocktail hours fine. ...Sound quality is is not the greatest, but it get's the job done and can get plenty loud. It will get louder than a ION Block Rocker unit. ...Does it sound better? ...Subjective.

...All the battery powered speakers in the $200 and below price range are not going to have great sound quality.

If you want higher end sound quality, then fork out the cash for a Bose S1 Pro speaker. It's the best one hands down among battery powered speakers.

Reactions: steve149
You better head over to walmart.com then and make sure none of your equipment is being offered on there! :)

I see LOTS of DJ equipment being shown on walmart.com from third party sellers. ...EVEN TRUSS!
Walmart.com is different .. it's basically an Amazon clone, so, YES, there are professional products being sold that would NEVER see the store floor.

The American Audio ELSGO8BT speaker handles ceremonies and cocktail hours fine. ...Sound quality is is not the greatest, but it get's the job done and can get plenty loud. It will get louder than a ION Block Rocker unit. ...Does it sound better? ...Subjective.

...All the battery powered speakers in the $200 and below price range are not going to have great sound quality.

If you want higher end sound quality, then fork out the cash for a Bose S1 Pro speaker. It's the best one hands down among battery powered speakers.
I agree and the ELSGO8BT sound quality is lacking enough that they will be sold this Winter and I'll pick up a pair of the S1s.

Reactions: ittigger and djrox
Clearly not a pro tool.

There are however many pro tools on this forum.... badoom tshh

but yeah.... if walmart carried even 20 percent of the stuff on their website in its stores it would be a whole different beast.... im talking about walking by it in a physical store....and YES this would be a featured item at sams club that WOULD get attention from clientele... they probably have a poster/standee with the beer bottle being opened...lol... infact i could see most of the boat owning public allready owning this...i can see it now... the brides uncle jerry having a nice long convo with you during dinner music about how he has the same kit....and how sweet the bottle opener is... and after marinating on the fact that the dj they just paid has the same walmart speaker as uncle jerry has.... guess whos djing the couples next party....uncle jerry

cc