Another remote ceremony speaker

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
There are however many pro tools on this forum.... badoom tshh

but yeah.... if walmart carried even 20 percent of the stuff on their website in its stores it would be a whole different beast.... im talking about walking by it in a physical store....and YES this would be a featured item at sams club that WOULD get attention from clientele... they probably have a poster/standee with the beer bottle being opened...lol... infact i could see most of the boat owning public allready owning this...i can see it now... the brides uncle jerry having a nice long convo with you during dinner music about how he has the same kit....and how sweet the bottle opener is... and after marinating on the fact that the dj they just paid has the same walmart speaker as uncle jerry has.... guess whos djing the couples next party....uncle jerry

cc
My local BJs has 3 or 4 BrightLite Edison "Professional DJ" speakers (says so on the signs) on display for the holidays .. I was laughing as I walked by and what looked like a father and son were discussing buying one for the younger one's brother.

And looking on line, the BJs website lists how perfect they are for professionals ...

Bluetooth Speakers by Edison

Upgrade your DJ rig with Edison bluetooth speakers from BJ's Wholesale Club. Easy to transport and set up, these portable speakers are perfect for a variety of settings. Get the party started at the wedding reception, school dance, or other festive occasion with the Edison Professional M2000 multifunction bluetooth speaker, or add lighting effects to your setup with the popular BrightLite speaker. Edison portable speakers provide crystal clear audio with enough power to get the whole crowd on the dance floor.

Like all other electronics and audio equipment at BJ's Wholesale Club, the Edison multifunction speakers system is available at an affordable, Members-only price. Take advantage of savings today, and bring home a thumping sound system that won't break the bank. Whether it's the first dance of a married couple, or the last banger of the New Year's Eve bash, these brilliant speakers will help your party live up to the hype.

If you strive to have a professional image, that includes professional gear, and it IS the opinion of other professionals that matters .. that's what makes the gear "professional" in the first place.

I suppose if a certain percentage of professionals started using Alto, well, who knows .. :)
Alto would be a better option than that thing.

Not when you're out in a field with no power available.
I'm not sure but do they make a Bluetooth speaker? If they don't there are others that make them that would look better. Look more like a speaker then that thing. You charge the speaker up and it will certainly last long enough for a ceremony and then some.

Denon makes a Bluetooth speaker that can be put on a speaker stand if you like. It's not cheap but the sound is serious! The price is $600 and I say worth it.

Not when you're out in a field with no power available.
Actually, I have an Alto Transport 12 (battery operated) ... It would be better than that Monster unit. Has a built in wireless mic, Bluetooth, etc.

1544288660389.png

Do they have a lav available for the Transport12?
I just looked, but they have apparently discontinued the Transport 12. Not sure why. It only came out 1.5 years ago.

That's not the one I was talking about. The one I was talking about was $100 cheaper and looked more like a speaker. Now let's look at it this way. If you charge someone a price for the ceremony and used that first unit you were considering, how much would or could you charge? My point is if you plan on charging brides for the ceremony it should look like something worth them spending their money on. That first unit looks like if you charged for that the bride would say she got ripped off.

My question to you is how often do you do ceremonies? If it's quite a few during the year I would look at this purchase as an investment that should easily be paid for in no time.

Sorry I made a mistake. The Denon Envoi is the one I was talking about and KPODJ sells it for 499.99. Look on their site and sign up to be a VIP member. That way you get an even better price. That price includes taxes. I have been dealing with them for many years. They are great!

Just an example. I bought the Samson 288 dual cordless microphones and paid $250. In the store the price is $330 plus tax. So I saved $80. Worth the trip to their place. Actually more than $80 because in the store there would be taxes added on to the price..

Reactions: steve149
Just bought this and I'm loving it. It has plenty of volume and outputs in the built in mixer. I also own the Denon Envoi and the Bose S-1 Pro. The Bose does sound great and so does this. I will say for presentation and sound quality this is the one I will be trying to use for ceremonies next year.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-EON-ONE-...id=1544335581&sr=1-2&keywords=jbl+eon+one+pro
That is nice . Just remember he complained about the price of the Denon for $700.

I try very hard not to factor in the price for something to much if its a need and can be used often and the price is reasonable. I got mine on sale with 48 months financing and for 809 dollars at Sweetwater. For many DJ's they don't care about presentation but for me its important. I can now do a ceremony with this and an Ipad an wireless mics that I already have. But I wanted it to look like it was not easily replicated so newbs or non DJ folks could not just say, hey I could have done that for them for free.

Reactions: steve149
I just looked, but they have apparently discontinued the Transport 12. Not sure why. It only came out 1.5 years ago.

It obviously was not selling. It does not seem like major retailers that sell Alto products bothered to sell that particular model. Alto does not seem to stick with products that don't get picked up by the major retailers, and discontinue those products after a year or 18 months. ...They came out with a line of microphones I was considering purchasing, and maybe within 2 years those mic systems were discontinued.

Alto Stealth was picked up and still sells so it has been kept around. Their mixers seem to have been promoted by major retailers so those are still in production I believe.

I try very hard not to factor in the price for something to much if its a need and can be used often and the price is reasonable. I got mine on sale with 48 months financing and for 809 dollars at Sweetwater. For many DJ's they don't care about presentation but for me its important. I can now do a ceremony with this and an Ipad an wireless mics that I already have. But I wanted it to look like it was not easily replicated so newbs or non DJ folks could not just say, hey I could have done that for them for free.
Am I missing something? If you are using wireless mics are you not going to need power to run their receivers? If that was the case, then many would just use a system that didn't run on batteries.

Most wireless mics use 12v DC power .. easy enough to provide that with a battery pack. I have an Anchor Audio battery powered speaker with a 12v jack output on the back. I made a barrel connector to barrel connector cable and kept one of my AT 3000 receivers on top .. worked great for outdoor events.

If the speaker has a USB port that can charge a phone, you can use one of these ... https://www.amazon.com/HeavenLights...ocphy=9003394&hvtargid=pla-438173679781&psc=1

Reactions: ittigger
Loving the Bose S1pro. $599. With battery.
45 day money back guarantee
Get it from Cap.

I've used it at every ceremony I did since I got it, battery or powered. No longer need to use a less quality sound system because I want battery

Reactions: ittigger