Weddings Anniversary Dance

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Very similar in style, although the B & G remain on dance floor the entire time. I also ask couples to raise their hands when they leave the dance floor and have them shout out the number of years they have been married...some do and some don't. I then repeat to the crowd the numbers as they leave the floor. Rather than play the same song the entire period, I do change songs at a point in time to one that is more appropriate for the group which remains. Ultimately, when there are about 4 couples left, I blend into the final song for the Anniversary Dance. Most of the time the B&G has informed me in advance of who the longest married couple would be and their song. I've had a surprise or two when the "expected" longest married couple was NOT the longest married. No problem. The song playing is most always within a few years of their date. And, I do bring the microphone over to the couple and ask them to speak a few words of "wisdom" to the newly married couple. The Bride then presents the longest married Bride with a bouquet of flowers (not her Bridal bouquet). Also, I don't mill about the dance floor announcing the number sequencing.

I don't like the way the DJ in the video keeps saying "step aside". It's redundant and doesn't sound very classy. He talks too much for my taste.

I don't like the way the DJ in the video keeps saying "step aside". It's redundant and doesn't sound very classy. He talks too much for my taste.

Yep...he talks way too much! I don't move on to the dance floor except when the final couple has been determined.

Reactions: Jas