Amp Mounting Question

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
No but it's easier to mount an amp while you're sitting down. ;)

As long as the cooling ports are not restricted, any configuration should be fine.

Agree, I would sit down too. But as long as the amp cooling vents are open it should be fine. Now if the Amp didn't have a cooling fan and only had normally vertical cooling fins it could matter big time, think Mackie 450 speaker laying on the side, convection cooling up through the fins doesn't work when turned sideways. But most power amps have fans so should be fine.

Be Upstanding

Yeah, if it is convection cooled I'd want it upright. If it is just gonna play a little background music, dontwrorryaboutit.

In other words de-rate the amp if it is used in a manner the manufacturer didn't intend.

Always remember. Crown sucks, QSC blows and what does Mackie do?

Just my two cents. I've got no problems with Crown or QSC, Mackie, I find they can't put out the power when you need to go big. On a side note, if you can get your hands on an old Carver amp, those suckers are hard as heck to kill.

Back when I used seperate amps I had all Haflers, (P500s, P230s ) heavy but tough as nails. I built 3 of them from kits, never a problem with any of them.

BTW they were suck in on the sides, blow out the back cooling, did have to be careful mounting them to make sure cool air could get in. ( I cut holes in the rack sides and put foam around the inputs) Always thought that was a strange design on the P500s.

Back when I used Amps the Crown Marco Tech 2400's where the choice for me...

And when I read the title, I was going to post something, but I was beaten to it! LOL