American Audio VMS2 Question

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

SpinCin

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Mar 15, 2008
Chicago
www.angelswithanedge.com
Greetings all - Happy Holidays!

I recently purchased a used VMS2. Bought it as a backup.
Am using it with VDJ 7 (yeah, yeah, I know "why haven't you updated to 8?")
Laptop is a Lenovo i5 with 6 gigs of memory, that I have been using without any issues.
I think I am having an issue with the VMS2 firmware. In VDJ, when the fader is on the left, it will
actually move towards the center all by itself. Also, the music will suddenly stop. Sometimes it starts back up, sometimes I have to move the job wheel to get it going. After a period of time, it doesn't stop & acts normal.

I was wondering if anyone else is having or has had this issue. I've looked in the American Audio forum. Someone has brought up something similar, but I do not see an answer of any kind.

Thanks folks!

Reactions: ittigger
Can you turn off / disable the crossfader?

I disable mine - that way I don't accidentally hit it (and I really don't use it).

In VDJ, when the fader is on the left, it will actually move towards the center all by itself.

Moves towards the center? What, actually moves on the skin, you can hear audio from the other deck, or both?

I think if you contact ADJ support they will give you a DropBox link for the newest firmware.

Last edited:
Actually moves on the skin. I don't hear audio from the other deck.
I emailed customer service, as well as posted a question via the "FAQ" page.
Figure the next step is to call.

Last edited:
Actually moves on the skin. I don't hear audio from the other deck.
I emailed customer service, as well as posted a question via the "FAQ" page.
Figure the next step is to call.
I've had very good luck calling American audio / American DJ they are very helpful, sometimes it's easier to call and talk to an actual person

Could actually be a bad crossfader, but I'm surprised you don't hear any audio leaking from the other deck.

Just to be absolutely sure it's not the software, why don't you download VDJ 8. You can use it in Trial mode 10 minutes at a time with your controller.

Maybe that's why the previous owner sold it to you?

That sounds like a bad logic board on the controller. I have owned that mixer for years, as a backup, and that has never happened with VDJ. Not sure what firmware you are talking about...