AES Conference NYC 2018

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

adj2ent

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 20, 2006
Long Island NY
The deadline for Advance Registration pricing on your AES New York 2018 All Access or Exhibits-Plus badge. Find out more at aesshow.com and register by September 20 for best pricing and options. In an adjacent exhibition hall, NAB Show New York exhibitors will be on hand with the latest video and distribution hardware and related sessions.

You should still be able to get a free exhibits badge if you register before September 20

While there's not a ton of stuff DJ related more of the speaker manufacturers are starting to come back to the show. Although the major ones still haven't returned yet like a EV, JBL. EAW was there 2 years ago and got to hear their Anya, Anna & Otto systems. They sounded utterly unbelievable. What amazes me is you can go there and hear a 50,000 Watt or more system, hear the clarity and feel the power and not get blown away. Totally unlike the DJ expo. My head still pounding from that and I had earplugs in.

I'm not sure if they'll ever get back to the point they were at years ago when all the major manufacturers were there. One year I had the head of a McCauley take time to instruct me how to fly their line array cabinets and got to have a long detailed discussion with Gene Czerwinski the founder of Cerwin-Vega about their 18" subs before he passed. The good Olde days, miss them. Since I'm right on Long Island I usually take the subway in for the day.

Last year's AES NY was an improvement on previous ones just due to the fact that it co-located with NAB-NY. Also, in addition to the project studio workshop, there is a live sound workshop that anyone can attend with the free Exhibits Plus badge.

This year may be the first time I truly get to enjoy the show without having to attend AES committee meetings, doing booth duty or delivering presentations. i should even have time to attend evening events this year. Of course, all these plans could change depending on my father's deteriorating health.

Reactions: ittigger
I'm registered for the exhibits .. may try and come down on the train.