About to pull my hair out!!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Once in a while, it's exhilarating to drive over the double lines for just a little bit.
From your professional standpoint, can I use that excuse the next time a cop pulls me over?

Actually, tell him/her that, according to motor vehicle code 2735-6, those lines are for (which ever direction you're traveling in) bound traffic. Then look startled, then miffed at yourself, and look them apologetically right in the eye and say, "I'm sorry. I'm headed in the wrong direction aren't I? Son-of-a-biscuit eater, I screwed up."

The officer will be laughing their butts off the whole time they're writing.

Never ever say, "Does writing me a ticket get you your quota?" Oh boy. My answer used to get me in administrative trouble but I didn't care.

I was in the car with my cousin once (take home car...) and the person in from of his ran a red light. He turned on the lights and pulled them. Upon approaching the woman, he asked if she knew why he pulled her. Her answer.....

"I'm not sure, I looked in my mirror and saw you behind me. I remembered I didn't have my seatbelt on, so I put it on real quick. When I looked up from the buckle, the light was turning red and I didn't have time to stop, so I floored it so I wouldn't get hit in the intersection. So, I don't know whether it was my seatbelt, the red light or speeding."

He didn't have the heart to ticket her after that story, but we did get a big laugh out of it.

Bringing historic information into an internet debate based on feelings.....next thing you know, you will be blowing up Facebook posts with facts!!!!!

:laugh::cheers::laugh::cheers:

"As for your question...I could ask the same question of you.
What would you say to a client who is not as concerned with "the flow" of the music?
Could you get on the mic, cruise around the room and entertain people for a few hours...
WITHOUT playing any music?"

As you stated previously....

I'm serious answer the question!

Reactions: ittigger
I'm serious answer the question!

WHAT?!?! I just pointed out that you were using historic info on your career instead of the other guy saying if you don't know how to mix, you can't be a good baker....I mean a good DJ. It was historic info v/s feelings. Was your post meant for jaswrx?

And, if it was directed to me, I have never tried but am pretty sure I could at least make do working a room. Although, Rebekah usually does the music and I just MC. However, I was an instrumentalist (saxophone, some piano, some guitar) and had a scholarship for music in college. I have placed in the top 3 in music composition contests in the past and have played some with beatmatching, mixing, etc. since she got the equipment and am at least capable, but not the one typiclally behind the board, so very little real world experience.

Reactions: ittigger
Sure, the Ford Coyote is a more "sophisticated" design, but overall I still prefer the Chevy LS series.

Reactions: Ausumm
And I like pie.

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
Actually, it's not a slap in the face. It's a wake up call that the stuff on which you spend so much time in developing and take so much pride in, doesn't mean crap to clients. You need to get over yourself and figure out what it is that your clients actually care about.
Right on Rick. They don’t give A shit if you beat match or fade to the next song! It is only some dj’s That think that it matters!

I think what Rick is saying and I believe this to be true also! There is other places to improve your show, unless your whole show is on the top of its game like taso’s Show is!

Right on Rick. They don’t give A shit if you beat match or fade to the next song! It is only some dj’s That think that it matters!

I think what Rick is saying and I believe this to be true also! There is other places to improve your show, unless your whole show is on the top of its game like taso’s Show is!
While I appreciate yours and others respect for the presentation my team and I create, please realize that music and the way I present it is in fact the foundation of what I do. If I wasn’t unique in that aspect, then I’d be on the same playing field as everyone else, and the desire for everything else I do would never exist.