AA and AAA Batteries On Special at Best Buy (again)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
Reactions: Dan The Man
There must be a real competitive war between Battery Manufacturers. I am noticing that the big box stores are running these deep discount sales more often this year. These prices are better than the whole sale price my wife can get. She works for a lighting distributor, and they sell Rayovac Alkalines. Her price is $5.00 for a box of 30, and that's cost. Her work usually sells them for $10.00 a box to contractors. Best Buy is selling 48 for $6.99....Either they are making like 30 cents per sale, or a manufacturer cut a big deal with them on a huge shipment of batteries.

I used to get them for free .. Duracell used to be one of my customers in a previous job and they would load my briefcase up with "testers" before I left. Testers were batteries pulled from the line to test the voltage .. they couldn't put them back in the line even after that 1 second read .. so there were plenty around.

I used to get them for free .. Duracell used to be one of my customers in a previous job and they would load my briefcase up with "testers" before I left. Testers were batteries pulled from the line to test the voltage .. they couldn't put them back in the line even after that 1 second read .. so there were plenty around.
Mine are also free my mother in law works for Rayovac

Mine are also free my mother in law works for Rayovac
It was really nice back then .. alkalines, lantern batteries, DL123 lithiums, and even video camera batteries when they tried entering that market. I do miss those days .. :)

mine are free too, jk. I don't purchase them anymore b/c I use the Shure rechargeable lithium single battery.