A rare monday event

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I got a call, about 2 weeks ago, from a panicked bride. She said her DJ backed out on her. Told her that he'd just gone thru a divorce and didn't think he'd be able to "handle" doing her wedding. Thank goodness for no count DJs (I guess). Turns out it's at one of the nicest farm venues in town. A friend of mine (competitor) has pretty much had a lock on this place for several years so it's a special treat to get to work one here. I don't start seating music until 3:30p so I've got a couple of hours to kill and they have excellent internet. Check this one:

44119810_10155600810957307_5893648488297660416_n.jpg

Uh oh .. Rick will be starting the barn planning again .. immediately ..

Crap, a place like this would scare me. These guys are popping $40k-$50k for venue rental on the weekends, but they have a TON of outlay on the property. Big time risk.

Nice venue... BIG room... I’m not sure having both speakers beside your booth is the way I’d do it. I’d be tempted to move on of the speakers across to the other side of the room, and center them on the outsides of the double doors.[emoji4]

Nice venue... BIG room... I’m not sure having both speakers beside your booth is the way I’d do it. I’d be tempted to move on of the speakers across to the other side of the room, and center them on the outsides of the double doors.[emoji4]

But then you have the issue of running cables across doorways.

I'll stick with my current setup, thank you very much.

LOL... Of course you will. But I was just saying I'D be tempted to place one on the other side of the room, and I could do it without wireless. I have XLR over CAT5 adapters, which I'd use and run a CAT5 cable in the path of the red line in the pic below...

1539634491377.png

...CAT5 is so thin, it's hardly noticeable. Electrical is on the other side of the room, so I'm only running one cable. And if that doesn't work, I'd no longer be TEMPTED to place one on the other side of the room.:laugh:... Only took me a minute to move that speaker you had blocking the window.!:laugh:

Reactions: Valerie Hicks
Forgot to say that room is very nice looking and very big. How many speakers are you plan on using?

Reactions: ittigger
Boys, this corner loading is working very, very well. I'm getting lots of rich bass and the QSCs, well, you know what they do. This is choice.
Imagine the bass if they were "real" subs ... :)