A pair of 12s with stands and a mic for $238 on Amazon

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
Might be great speakers for any one on a budget. They couldn't sound worse than my American Audio 8 GO BT, and I use that for cocktail hour music often.

I was looking on Amazon, and just happened to type in "Powered Loud Speakers" and these Rockville brand speakers package came up. Apparently, a lot of happy customers with these speakers on Amazon. Average of 4.5 out of 5 stars with 327 reviews.

Amazon.com: Rockville RPG122K Dual 12-inch Powered Speakers With Stands and Microphone - Black: Musical Instruments

They are also Bluetooth speakers to boot, and also have the input for USB and SD Cards.

Specs state: . 1000 Watts Peak / 250 Watts RMS / 500 Watts Program Power. High Power 12" Long-throw Woofer with 2" aluminum voice coil for clear sound reproduction and awesome bass response. 25mm Piezo Compression Horn Tweeter For Clear Highs. Bluetooth Built In- Now you can input any audio signal from your Bluetooth enabled music player or phone. No cables necessary!

I don't know if I really believe they are 250 watts RMS for this price, but maybe?

I do wonder how good they really do sound. Lots of people say they sound "beautiful" ... "Unbelievable sound quality for the money". One person said they did a 80 person party and had plenty of volume.

Friends don't let friends (or forum acquaintances) buy Rockville .. or Technical Pro .. or Alto (jk).

Friends don't let friends (or forum acquaintances) buy Rockville .. or Technical Pro .. or Alto (jk).

I told one of my DJs to purchase the Alto TS210s. Quality sound, plenty of power and he could get the pair for like $460 shipped He ended up not taking my advice, and purchasing "a pair of loud speakers on Amazon for like $250" He doesn't DJ much any more, it's more for our podcast. He wants to be able to set up a pair of speakers quickly to podcast in public with. I talked with him tonight, and he couldn't remember the brand he ordered, but said it was a deal on Amazon...I"m assuming it was this brand, but I'll ask him to pull up the order email next time to we our podcast which is tomorrow so I can know exactly what he ordered. He isn't a prime member and he told me the delivery date isn't until the 23rd.

If it is these ones, I'll make sure I'm there when he does the rest run with them so I can hear them.

However, you have to admit, they have good reviews from the people who purchased them. For the money, they might be an extraordinary value.

I told one of my DJs to purchase the Alto TS210s. Quality sound, plenty of power and he could get the pair for like $460 shipped He ended up not taking my advice, and purchasing "a pair of loud speakers on Amazon for like $250" He doesn't DJ much any more, it's more for our podcast. He wants to be able to set up a pair of speakers quickly to podcast in public with. I talked with him tonight, and he couldn't remember the brand he ordered, but said it was a deal on Amazon...I"m assuming it was this brand, but I'll ask him to pull up the order email next time to we our podcast which is tomorrow so I can know exactly what he ordered. He isn't a prime member and he told me the delivery date isn't until the 23rd.

If it is these ones, I'll make sure I'm there when he does the rest run with them so I can hear them.

However, you have to admit, they have good reviews from the people who purchased them. For the money, they might be an extraordinary value.
Many of those reviews are based on "value - for the price" .. so, assuming they perform like $300 speakers, they should be rated fine. If the reviewers are knowledgeable and working professionals, then they carry a different weight.

Many of those reviews are based on "value - for the price" .. so, assuming they perform like $300 speakers, they should be rated fine. If the reviewers are knowledgeable and working professionals, then they carry a different weight.

"Unbelievable sound quality for the money" is like saying the guy is an a**hole but you'll get used to it ;)

Didn't Rockville used to (or maybe still do) make car stereos? If I recall my buddy had some Rockville gear in his car back in the day. It was loud but very hard on the ears

I have a pair. I pull them out for cook-outs and such. They are typical, you get what you pay for. They are fine if you just need background noise. They do pretty decent if you are using them with a mic, but the mic provided is a toy. The bluetooth only works about 15 ft away. Only one speaker is powered, the other speaker runs off of it.

Reactions: ittigger
Steve leave Alto out of this one. Their original stuff was crap. The newer stuff is good. Especially the one selling for 1k. The matching sub is well worth considering.

Do you know what (jk) means
Yes I do and companies make low end stuff and high end stuff too. The thing is making an item at different price points to get to buy that item. The problem is some companies only make low end stuff. Like TP Technical Pro. The real name should be Technical Junk.

Yes I do and companies make low end stuff and high end stuff too. The thing is making an item at different price points to get to buy that item. The problem is some companies only make low end stuff. Like TP Technical Pro. The real name should be Technical Junk.

You mean like CAD Audio?

Reactions: ittigger
was at a local bar to watch the Penguins game and they have alto speakers throughout the place. Sounded pretty good - not sure if they had a sub somplace or not..if not, then super wow.
It's my ongoing teaser to Ricky .. I actually bought an Alto Traveler 12 last month.

The DJ I am referring to told me he purchased "BlackMore" Speakers. They are exactly like this Rockville speaker set up though...Just look slightly different. He ended up borrowing my Alto TS110s for tomorrow's small Prom I booked him on. He is going to regret not buying the Altos, LOL.

He uses Bose 802 Series II that he has had since like 1988. One of the speakers has a malfunctioning connection panel on the back after almost 30 years. He also is tired of carrying his amp around. I showed him the power of the dark side errr I mean Powered Speakers, and now he is all about them.

The DJ I am referring to told me he purchased "BlackMore" Speakers. They are exactly like this Rockville speaker set up though...Just look slightly different. He ended up borrowing my Alto TS110s for tomorrow's small Prom I booked him on. He is going to regret not buying the Altos, LOL.

He uses Bose 802 Series II that he has had since like 1988. One of the speakers has a malfunctioning connection panel on the back after almost 30 years. He also is tired of carrying his amp around. I showed him the power of the dark side errr I mean Powered Speakers, and now he is all about them.

My mentor had the 802IIs he swore by them. I used them many times I thought they were ok. The big thing I found with them was you needed a good quality amp to push them He used Carvers they were a perfect match

The 802 II was Canute's speaker of choice and we were all told how incredible they were .. especially with JBL Scoops. :-/