A new scam call

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I hadn't gotten any of these before. A dude with an ultra-thick, mexican accent calls and rattles off my mailing address from the website. Keep in mind, this is a US Post Office. He then says that he's with the local power company (NES) and says they're going to cut off the power to my building in one hour and that if I don't want that to happen, he's going to give me a phone number to call. I laughed and told him that was a USPS location and asked him to verify his statement. He then said "Yes, in one hour we're going to cutoff power." I asked him if he even understood english enough to know what I'd just said to him and he repeated his same line about cutting off the power. It struck me odd that he's trying to run a scam and can't even speak the language. lol

I am going with this is a scam too, cant find any info on "Martin Team Budget Events ", not that I was considering even taking the bait, the drive alone is two hours one way, this Saturday is booked for personal stuff .

Hi DJ Jonathan , Are you available on September 15th 2018 This Saturday for a Wedding just ,plain music and MC service with Basic Dance floor lightings only. Venue is in Flagstaff, AZ. Budget is $200.00 for 4 hours plus $50.00 for Travel Total of $250.00 . Time Starts at 5:30pm Please let me know and if not, do you know anyone who can help? I work with an event planning and event service company , Budget Events. We are looking to find someone who can help with this gig and someone we can add on our team in the area. We have DJs in Texas but this is a client that just booked few days ago and our DJs are all booked up and their referrals as well. Feel free to call or text at 754 800 4951 to discuss or any referrals you may have and ask for Martin. Thank you regards, Martin Team Budget Events

I am going with this is a scam too, cant find any info on "Martin Team Budget Events ", not that I was considering even taking the bait, the drive alone is two hours one way, this Saturday is booked for personal stuff .

Hi DJ Jonathan , Are you available on September 15th 2018 This Saturday for a Wedding just ,plain music and MC service with Basic Dance floor lightings only. Venue is in Flagstaff, AZ. Budget is $200.00 for 4 hours plus $50.00 for Travel Total of $250.00 . Time Starts at 5:30pm Please let me know and if not, do you know anyone who can help? I work with an event planning and event service company , Budget Events. We are looking to find someone who can help with this gig and someone we can add on our team in the area. We have DJs in Texas but this is a client that just booked few days ago and our DJs are all booked up and their referrals as well. Feel free to call or text at 754 800 4951 to discuss or any referrals you may have and ask for Martin. Thank you regards, Martin Team Budget Events

I don't read that as a tradition scam call, their english is too good and no mention of credit cards. I just read them as a cheap, body shop and still not worth your time.

I just my first DJ scam email.
It was the one with broken English...
where the "groom" is hearing impaired...
and asks if I take credit cards.

I don't read that as a tradition scam call, their english is too good and no mention of credit cards. I just read them as a cheap, body shop and still not worth your time.
You could be right Rick, it very well may not be a scam, and its clear that I play the cautious role too much and just assume a lot of contacts are scammers , but like you said, its not worth my time, I will let the CL bottom humpers fight for this one.

I got a FB scam message. A lady I don't know hitting me up telling me about $300,000 that I could get some kind of way and wanted to send me a link. I told het to try scamming someone else. Nobody's going to send me $300,000 and I never met them.

I usually screen the calls on my home number, but today I answered a call from a number that hadn’t called previously. So I said; “Hello” in my typical husky DJ voice.[emoji1] There was a slight delay (sure sign of a robocall), then the lady says: “am I speaking to Cheryl?” That’s my wife’s name. So I reply; “Do I SOUND like a Cheryl?” CLICK... she hung up on me.[emoji1] So now I’m wondering if she was insulting my wife by thinking she sounds like a man???[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Paying only $250 for a Wedding DJ is a scam in of itself. Also, how is a company booking weddings with no available DJs these days? Either the company does not know what they are doing, or they are shysters.

Obviously, the scam is SO new, that they haven't made enough money to hire an English speaking actor to make the phone calls.

when they do I'm for hire ;)

Reactions: Scott Hanna
Well, Paying only $250 for a Wedding DJ is a scam in of itself. Also, how is a company booking weddings with no available DJs these days? Either the company does not know what they are doing, or they are shysters.
Yes, yes........and lets go with a yes.