6x18 vs 9x18 Uplight comparison

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
Very nice. How is their reliability? Any failures? How are repairs or failures handled with that company?
I dunno. One of the reviews mentioned that the owner of Rainbow Lights sent them a new unit right away.

They are certainly quality lights. I like them a lot. I will be ordering more of them at some point to replace my old Blizzard Pucks unplugged.

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
Very nice. How is their reliability? Any failures? How are repairs or failures handled with that company?
I bought 16 and have 1 dead one. Have had an on-going problem of fuses blowing occasionally. Mild irritation but the units are just fantastic on the display they give.

May 17, 2008
www.channelliveproductions.com
I bought 16 and have 1 dead one. Have had an on-going problem of fuses blowing occasionally. Mild irritation but the units are just fantastic on the display they give.
I wonder if this is an issue with similar Chinese-origin uplights across the board or just Rainbow's.

Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
I wonder if this is an issue with similar Chinese-origin uplights across the board or just Rainbow's.
I bought 2 Rainbows (@$200 each) and have had no issues with those. It's the cheaper $100 each lights that are blowing fuses. They seem to be fine after they've been fired up but something about plugging/un-plugging seems to pop the fuses. Perhaps that's why they put a 2nd rocker switch to turn power availability off/on to the battery.

BlueLineDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Jan 25, 2015
I bought 2 Rainbows (@$200 each) and have had no issues with those. It's the cheaper $100 each lights that are blowing fuses. They seem to be fine after they've been fired up but something about plugging/un-plugging seems to pop the fuses. Perhaps that's why they put a 2nd rocker switch to turn power availability off/on to the battery.
Did you buy the Smart 2 or the Smart2 Mini?

Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
Did you buy the Smart 2 or the Smart2 Mini?
Smart 2. The Rainbow fixtures have a single on/off switch. The other chinese fixtures have 2 rocker switches. I was told that the first one connects the fixture to the power source (battery/plugin) and the 2nd one actually turns the fixture on/off. Seemed kinda goofy to me.