School & Teen Events 2016 High School Homecoming (Colorado)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I've been using this for the past 2 years every event - painted walls, wall paper walls (I tape my plug to the wall), floors of all kinds, to my own gear at times.

I get it at Lowes about $8/roll. Home depot doesn't carry it.

Key word is 'no residue' tape. Very true. very good grip.

Scotch Tough No Residue Duct Tape - MMM2420 | OfficeSupply.com

Nice looking setup ... especially the lighting truss. Not sure if it was done afterwards, but GAF down any loose cables on the floor to prevent any tripping (test it in an inconspicuous areas first, as even GAF will sometimes remove the oils from the boards and leave a matte surface where the cables were. On a polyurethaned surface, it should be OK. (and never use duct tape).

I've been using this for the past 2 years every event - painted walls, wall paper walls (I tape my plug to the wall), floors of all kinds, to my own gear at times.

A quality Gaff tape will run around $20 for a 55 yd. roll .. this roll is only 59 feet .. so a proper Gaff will be cheaper.

any shorter roll (than 55 yards) of 'proper' gaff tape costs more (BH website).
I have such a roll - big sucka. not easy to fit in my road/gear cases.
And maybe you have someplace local to pick up gaff tape but I don't.

Being Mr. Obvious here...........that ain't gaff tape. It's duct tape and it will pull paint off floors, damage walls and leave glue on carpets. Don't EVER use that stuff on DJ jobs. It's why venues get pissed off at us.

no it's not.
try it and you'll see.

BTW, the roll i just got is 25 yards, so 75 feet.

It hasn't removed a lick of anything - paint, finish, etc on any surface. Been using it well over a year now.
Being Mr. Obvious here...........that ain't gaff tape. It's duct tape and it will pull paint off floors, damage walls and leave glue on carpets. Don't EVER use that stuff on DJ jobs. It's why venues get pissed off at us.

I just purchase the Gaff Tape at Guitar Center. It works well for me. Gaff tape is one of those things I don't bother purchasing online...It takes me literally a few years to go through a roll of it, so when I'm low I go to GC to buy another roll. I can probably get near 3 years out of a roll of Gaff tape considering I have only purchased 4 rolls of it ever.

I just purchase the Gaff Tape at Guitar Center. It works well for me. Gaff tape is one of those things I don't bother purchasing online...It takes me literally a few years to go through a roll of it, so when I'm low I go to GC to buy another roll. I can probably get near 3 years out of a roll of Gaff tape considering I have only purchased 4 rolls of it ever.

The last time I bought gaff tape at Guitar Center, it was an American DJ product. It ended up being about as sticky as duct tape and would have damaged floors. I'm sure they have other stuff, but I was really frustrated with what I got from them.

Plus, I've never seen them carry the color selection that I want to see.

I have heard good things about bass boss from the little that i've heard. But still, the ETX are perfect , I don't have any need to ever look anywhere else. I'm serious , just find a way to demo one and it'll sell itself.
So I have the EV EKX15P's tops and am saving to purchase the subs. I've read your rave reviews on the ETX subs, but do you think they are that much better than the EKX's? Can't decide which ones to buy.

So I have the EV EKX15P's tops and am saving to purchase the subs. I've read your rave reviews on the ETX subs, but do you think they are that much better than the EKX's? Can't decide which ones to buy.

I personally would pair the EKX tops with the ETX subs, yes. While the EKX subs are much better than the Live X Subs, the ETX Subs really are amazing. If you are doing School dances the ETX 18's are the subs for you.