Ricky what do you know about Alto TS215s?

Jeff Romard

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 4, 2006
12,538
48
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Looks like my Yorkies may be going out the door this afternoon. I've been looking at EV EKX 15sp but they've raised prices so now I'm considering one of these Altos. Do (or anyone else here) have any hands on experience with them?
There was a Facebook ad running last week there was $150 off the ELX series and I'm pretty sure EKX series. If I see it again I'll drop it here
 
  • Like
Reactions: DJ Bobcat

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
I have the Alto TS215s!

I am 100% happy with them. NO issues whatsoever. They have a lot of bass, are super clear, and only weigh 33 lbs, and also have 5 handle bars. I purchased the ALto Speaker covers for them from Pitbull Audi on Ebay for I think $35 each.

I am completely satisfied with them. They do get pretty darn loud, but may not have quote the firepower of EV EKX. However, for the price, you could purchase 4 of these speakers, and have a back up set, or do a large show with 4 of them!

For 75% of the weddings I do, I just use a pair of these for main sound system, and no sub. The other 25% of weddings which are a bigger (and if it's a not a small room for dancing), I bring a Sub and 2 Alto TS212 speakers.
 

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
My suggestion. BUY THEM. Save the money, and make sure you get the speaker covers for transport! Buy 4 of them for when you do larger gigs like proms etc. I get compliments on the audio quality from people all the time on them. Best Bang for the Buck Speakers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tonyPsounds

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 9, 2009
12,110
54
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
I have the Alto TS215s!

I am 100% happy with them. NO issues whatsoever. They have a lot of bass, are super clear, and only weigh 33 lbs, and also have 5 handle bars. I purchased the ALto Speaker covers for them from Pitbull Audi on Ebay for I think $35 each.

I am completely satisfied with them. They do get pretty darn loud, but may not have quote the firepower of EV EKX. However, for the price, you could purchase 4 of these speakers, and have a back up set, or do a large show with 4 of them!

For 75% of the weddings I do, I just use a pair of these for main sound system, and no sub. The other 25% of weddings which are a bigger (and if it's a not a small room for dancing), I bring a Sub and 2 Alto TS212 speakers.
Wait a minute, this is a sub. Do you have this sub or just the tops?
 

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
Wait a minute, this is a sub. Do you have this sub or just the tops?
Oh, I thought you meant the TOPS. I have the Alto TS215 speakers. ...Not the Sub.

I have a pair of the Alto TS212S Subs. ...I Love those too! I almost always only use 1 sub though. 2 Subs can get to be too much bass for a wedding imo. I would bring 2 of them out for a large school dance.

The TS215S Sub weighs like 17 lbs more than my 12s. It's still pretty light for a 15 inch Sub. I haven't heard it at high volumes before though, but I'd imagine is a deeper bass than my 12 inch subs put out.
 

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 9, 2009
12,110
54
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
Oh, I thought you meant the TOPS. I have the Alto TS215 speakers. ...Not the Sub.

I have a pair of the Alto TS212S Subs. ...I Love those too! I almost always only use 1 sub though. 2 Subs can get to be too much bass for a wedding imo. I would bring 2 of them out for a large school dance.

The TS215S Sub weighs like 17 lbs more than my 12s. It's still pretty light for a 15 inch Sub. I haven't heard it at high volumes before though, but I'd imagine is a deeper bass than my 12 inch subs put out.
So for weddings you're using a single 12 inch Alto sub? Are you putting it under your table or under one of the tops?
 

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
So for weddings you're using a single 12 inch Alto sub? Are you putting it under your table or under one of the tops?
I put it under the table. Most weddings I do with the Sub and pair of Alto TS212 have between 120 and 200 guests in attendance. Under 120 guests I usually use the pair of 15s and no Sub, but did do 1 wedding with like 180 guests attending when I first bought the 15s in a Mansion room with no sub in there, and they handled it flawlessly.
 

DJ Bobcat

DJ Extraordinerror
Nov 8, 2014
11,229
Oklahoma City
I have (two of) the previous version; the TSSUB15. They've worked out pretty good for me as my primary setup. I used to use them with TS112W's at first, but found they sound best when paired with my TS110A's. The subs are NOT loud. They're adequate, but are not gonna blow anybody away. I doubt if the additional 50 watts of the TS215S's is gonna make that much difference. For the price, I'd say that Alto makes very good products. Mine have been reliable and sound pretty darn good. I've received many compliments on the way my system sounds. I carry both of my subs in on a Rock-N-Roller cart and they're easy to move and handle. While the Alto subs aren't extremely heavy, I still plan to go even lighter with my next purchase.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Jeff Romard

steve149

Veni, Vidi, Lusi
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
33,674
Prospect, CT
Just say NO
To Al TO.

:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jeff Romard

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
Ive heard that switching to Gieco can save you 15%
That is false advetising. They raised our insurance after being with them since 2003 (Well my wife had been with them since 2003), and we went out and found less expensive car insurance for the same exact plan at All State for lower than our old rate with Geico before they raised our insurance premium for no reason! Also Progressive offered us a lower rate than GEICO too!
 

steve149

Veni, Vidi, Lusi
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
33,674
Prospect, CT
You keep harping that same answer but my experience says they're a lot of bang for the buck. I'm strongly thinking about ordering a pair from B&H tomorrow. $1k and I can have 4 for $2k. That rig would yield an awful lot of flexibility.
They are a value for the money .. just not at the quality level I would recommend to folks (and I have an Alto speaker). Just my opinion (though I will continue to share it .. :) )
 

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 9, 2009
12,110
54
Hendersonville, TN
www.RickRyan.com
They are a value for the money .. just not at the quality level I would recommend to folks (and I have an Alto speaker). Just my opinion (though I will continue to share it .. :) )
I've got to make a decision tomorrow. If Ben Stowe can get me a set, this week, and at the price I was told, I'll likely go the EV route. If not, B&H can get me a pair of Altos, easy. Either way, I've got to do something. I have my biggest package (DJ+Photog+Lighting+Photobooth) this next weekend and it's in a large barn-style venue, where we've never played before. The only sub I still own is a single Peavey passive. It's really a good sounding little box but I'd rather have some new powered subs for the gig. The next weekend is a standard DJ-only wedding reception.
 
  • Like
Reactions: azdeejay

azdeejay

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 1, 2015
2,727
38
Phoenix AZ
That is false advetising. They raised our insurance after being with them since 2003 (Well my wife had been with them since 2003), and we went out and found less expensive car insurance for the same exact plan at All State for lower than our old rate with Geico before they raised our insurance premium for no reason! Also Progressive offered us a lower rate than GEICO too!
Oh I know, I was just making a funny, well, trying anyways, we are not insured with either of those providers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DJ Bobcat

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
3,901
37
Get 2 of the Altos. Save the money you would spend on a much more expensive sub. You will be fine.
I've got to make a decision tomorrow. If Ben Stowe can get me a set, this week, and at the price I was told, I'll likely go the EV route. If not, B&H can get me a pair of Altos, easy. Either way, I've got to do something. I have my biggest package (DJ+Photog+Lighting+Photobooth) this next weekend and it's in a large barn-style venue, where we've never played before. The only sub I still own is a single Peavey passive. It's really a good sounding little box but I'd rather have some new powered subs for the gig. The next weekend is a standard DJ-only wedding reception.
Just so you know, IDJNOW has then, and has a 12% off discount code, and Free Shipping. They get stuff to me in 2 days all the time...One time it was here next day and I was very impressed. They are out of New York, so it may take 3 days to get to you.

Search results for "Alto TS215S"

They also have a coupon code available: SAVE12 for 12% off.