Weddings Your Load In...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Lemme see...
For a typical indoor venue

#1- 1 18" sub, 1 15"speaker, SKB slant rack on top of sub
#2- Tub of lights, 1 15" speaker on top of tub, 2nd amp in 4 space SKB
#3- Table, facade flat on the cart, Speaker stands /light stands on top of those, misc bag of cables
#4- No Cart, laptop and CDs go in last. Too small and too easy to snatch so I keep those in the van until everything has been setup (audio and lights). I play some tunes while tying down all the wires. Or I bring in a 2nd 18" sub as needed

Van is also loaded in a way that it has to be unloaded in that order.

Typical Wedding:

Trip 1: Road Box With 2 movers inside, 4 pars on top,
Trip 2: Road Box with Electrical and Strobes inside 4 pars on top,
Trip 3: Two 18's on Cart, CD's, CD Players
Trip 4: Gut Box with Cable box on top
Trip 5: Dual 15's on wheels
Trip 6: Dual 15's on wheels
Trip 7: Laptop Bag in Van and Clean change of clothes after sweatin my ass off.

Once again all in my master plan.
Rock N roller carries my light, my Odyssey Case, a Tupperware box, cable bag.
Dynacord Sub carries three cases including microphone and my suit. On a good surface I can maneuver both in one trip. Typically make it in two.

Adam with all those trips in you must be really quick to get it all setup in 15 minutes.

It depends

It will depend on what system I am using. Large system maybe 10-12 trips,medium System maybe 6-8 trips, small system maybe about 4 trips. I charge enough for each size system and ease of load in. I don't do lights but when needed I have a lighting guy that comes with his system. I load my gear and he loads his gear.

2 for sound only.
3 for lights and sound.

Trip #1 - Box o' Cables and Cords/Rack/Keyboard stand (for rack)/Stool, 1 Top
Trip #2 - Sub, 1 Top, Facade, Speaker Stands, External HD, Mic, Clothes
Trip #3 - Light stand(s) and lighting.

I must say that I am glad that I don't have the load in that some of you do.

Over the years I have trimmed the fat and excess.

With Sandy helping it goes something like this.......

Trip 1)
Sandy rolls in a Matrix system
I roll in the booth that has all the gear and lights loaded on it.

Trip 2)
Park the Hummer and trailer. I carry in 2 brief cases w/laptops and
Sandy carries in our clothes. (This trip could be brought in on the
booth but since we have to park anyway, we get it then)

Setup and sound checks take about 20 minute....Then we spend about an hour (of OCD) making sure all the drapes are perfect, wires hidden, getting dressed.

Here ya go, and this doesn't include the trussing.... :)

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 11
1 or 2 depending on the distance. My pre loaded cart has my rack on top, hard drives, all wires pre-connected, just plug and play. My other wheeled cart has 2 complete L1 systems with 4 base bins.

Now the question is how long does it take to set up after all those trips?

In a rush I can setup and be playing music in 5 mins. Even less if I'm using my 2 compact L1's. Of course if I take my time I'm pushing about 15 mins.

i'll try and find my camera I use to take the gear I carry in (music wise)
then i'll post it here

gear wise well thats up to the roadies how fast or slow they take :)

Once again, I'm just here to throw off the averages, and give the guys something to show the wives who keep saying "you have too much gear".

Little system is generally all we do for weddings. It will run 10-12 trips in for speakers, 1 amp rack, 1 source rack, 1 cord box, 1 closet, somewhere around 7 light boxes (3 of which would each have a single 10' truss on top for transport).

In total, about 21-23 trips for the little system (depending on if we have space for just 3 or if we can do 4 dual 18's a side).

For the big system, add 12-14 more speakers, another amp rack, a crankup rack, 3 more light boxes and 4 more sticks of truss. so...I suppose a total of 40 or so trips for the big stereo. Probably not thinking of a few boxes that are in there. I could count friday I suppose.

90% is one trip. all on a rock-roller cart.

2 bose model 2's
2 bass bins
2 laptops
3 cases which hold wires, mics, lights, denon 2500, T1's(mixer and sound card)

Fits very easy.

Lick me val

Okay, but I bite. :sqwink:

Oh, and I miscounted....it's 42 trips in and 42 trips out if we put a stick of truss on top of each of 7 boxes. Last weekend that accounted for just over 14 miles worth of walking, half of which was pushing speakers or boxes over carpet.....the other half going back for the next one. Next time we'll hire a roadie. :sqwink: