What would you charge?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Just got an email from a country club down south of town. Good contact and he refers biz to us. He wants to rent a 10' rear project screen and a projector for a slideshow on 12-12 for a Christmas party. I can set it up myself then have a helper go take it down afterwards. Event is 6p-10p (I have another Christmas party to do myself that evening, up north of town). I'm thinking to pitch $200 and offer a photographer to cover the event for $500 (for both screen & photog) and have them do Live-Pics. Thoughts?

I can't speak for the photo stuff but, I work with a local company that rents about that same set up for about $350.

That's for the projector and screen only.

10-12% of replacement daily rate for a high maintenance product is typical .. so a lot depends on how good the projector is. Most folks here have consumer grade video. Most rental places have commercial grade. If you've got a $1000 projector and a $500 screen, you're looking at $150 + cost of deliver/setup/take down/return, so $200 is a good price.

Depends on the market really there aren't many here renting that stuff. I rented mine out a couple of weeks ago for $200 including setup the client was from out of town he thought it was high he told me he can get it where he's from for about $100 setup.

The other company I used to rent from was charging about $120 with a 5' screen and no setup