What packages do you offer?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Jas

DJ Extraordinaire
May 22, 2013
The wedding.com thread started going in this direction. Don't laugh too hard at my prices. :rolleyes:

I've thought about changing my pricing structure during the last year. I've advertised 3 packages, but the mid package is almost always the one that I sell when talking to prospects. I also bumped my prices up this year, but due to lack of clients, prices are pretty much back to last years rates.

Package 1 - Party package. 3 hours of music, basic lighting, basic system for $450
not suggested for weddings.

Package 2 - mid sized room. 6 hours of music, two speakers, basic system, basic lighting for $600
suggested for weddings with less than 200 guests.

Package 3 - Large room. 6 hours of music, four speakers, basic system, club lighting for $700
suggested for weddings with over 200 guests or odd shaped rooms.

For a while I also had a package that included the works including extra lights, speakers, ceremony system, uplighting, bla bla bla for $1200.

So, extra systems (ceremony etc.) extra speakers, extra lights, and overtime are my only add ons. If a ceremony doesn't require an extra system, there's no extra charge.

I don't do weddings, but if it were me, of what you have, I would offer the Wedding package at $700-750 and include the extra speakers if needed and the lighting (most don't see the need for the extra speakers and this way you can decide if needed). I don't know any wedding with 6 hours of dance music, so I would leave it as 6 hours for the event, including cocktail hour and dancing.

For extras, I would have a ceremony system (in the $300-$400 range), a room uplighting package (subcontracted to start), and the on the decline, but still asked for photo-booth (outsourced if needed).

I would have a per hour rate for additional time, and a non-wedding party rate (though probably in the 4 hour range instead of 3).

Reactions: Ausumm
I do not offer Packages. Each CLient has specific needs. Each Event has variable parameters. Each Venue has its own load in and load out challenges. Time and travel are also contributing factors to pricing.

Only when I know all the details can I give my prospect an honest and qualified quote. In a person to prison dialogue, I can also outsell and ensure that the prospect isn't choosing a system for 50 people when what they need is a system for 300 people.

Reactions: Ausumm
Well. as I alluded to in the other thread, I don't (currently) have packages. My base price is $750 (4-6 hours depending on client needs). Overtime would be a negotiated extra (target of $100 per hour). My base package is everything included--1200 watts, mains, subs, and additional coverage speakers as needed. Two full light trees, 4 up lights for the head table, wireless mike. Ceremony set-up available at $150. Travel has an hourly charge and a mileage charge as well. I just had someone ask me for a quote for 9 hours (!) out of town. With a little extra thrown in so I can get a room and make the rehearsal, it comes out to about $1500. Small potatoes to many of you, I know, but I'm coming from a world where an entire band would be surprised to make half of that, so it's all good...

GJ

Reactions: steve149
While you may not have wanted all my add-ons, here's my pricing page from my website:

PRICING

Below are the packages and services that we offer. All quotes are free and with no obligation on your part. Just click the "Let's Talk" button for a free quote.
Packages (weddings, prom, corporate, birthday)

$750 - Silver Basic DJ/MC service, up to five (5) hours coverage, premium sound sytem, wireless mic, all consultations, Online Event Planner, Online Song Request system (client), song voting system for your guests.

$950 - Gold Everything from the Silver Package and adds a large dance floor lighting system, Live-Pics (live slideshow), Texting (shout-outs and requests) ($100 off)

$950 - Platinum Everything from the Silver Package and adds up to 10, LED Uplighting fixtures (perimeter uplighting)($150 off)

$1,450 - Diamond Everything from the Silver Package and adds up to 20, LED Uplighting fixtures (perimeter uplighting), large dance floor lighting system, Live-Pics (live slideshow), Texting (shout-outs and requests), cake pin-spot, monogram projector (your name in lights) ($550 off)

Mitzvahs & Al a Carte (when purchased with DJ service)

$2,800 - Mitzvah Everything from the Diamond Package and adds an extra 10, LED Uplighting fixtures (total of 30), an even larger dance floor lighting system, Shadow-dancing, followspot (with operator), dual 10-foot rear-projection screens, along with a Mitzvah-experienced DJ/MC.

($550 off)

$375 - Lighted Centerpiece This is a set of five (5) units (enough for five table centerpieces). Small pedestal (white or black) with a wireless, LED fixture to uplight your table centerpieces. Extremely effective when combined with our room perimeter uplighting. Includes setup/teardown and color choice programming. (sample pics here)

$600 - Photobooth Our Photobooth is an open air style that can be re-sized to fit practically any setup area. Pro-style lighting and digital camera (no webcams) are standard and your center is staffed during the entire event. Will accomodate from 1-12 guests per session. The Photobooth creates copies of each session on high-speed, lab-quality printers for your guests. Includes a free DVD of the high-resolution images.

$250 - Italian String Lighting These are commercial-grade stringers with 15-watt globe bulbs. 2, 54-foot units, fully installed and with dimmer packs. Site survey and venue permission is required. Suitable for up to 100 guests. For larger guest counts, additional ISL sets are recommended.

$400 - Head Table Backdrop (small) This is an 8' tall by 20' wide backdrop setup with white draping (uplighting provided for color), fully assembled. Comes complete with all necessary pipe&draping and includes 2 LED uplighting fixtures, programmed to your desired color.

$800 - Head Table Backdrop (large) This is an 8' tall by 40' wide backdrop setup with white draping (uplighting provided for color), fully assembled. Comes complete with all necessary pipe&draping and includes 4 LED uplighting fixtures, programmed to your desired color.

$150 - Ceremony Add-on Includes a separate sound system, 30 minutes' pre-Ceremony (during seating), lav mic for your officiant and pre-recorded music for your Processional/Recessional. May be combined with any DJ package above.

$350 - Uplighting Pak Includes 10 LED par can fixtures, installed and programmed to the color you want. This is suitable up to 100 guests max. Additional Uplighting Paks are needed for larger events (1 pak per 100 guests).

$100 - Pinspot Use this to highlight your cakes, centerpieces, sculptures, candy tables, etc.

$150 - Dance Floor Lighting A large, club-styled dance floor effects lighting that will energize any party.

$150 - Live-Pics/Texting This is our patented system, sure to be a hit. Start off with a memories' presentation and watch it morph into "what's happening right now". Also includes text-message (SMS) song requests and shout-outs. You get to keep the pics.

$150 - Monogram/Gobo Your own customized monogram in lights. Includes design.

$150ea - Followspot Theatre-style follow-spot unit, complete with operator. Two are recommended for best coverage.

$100ea - Star System Laser Provides a stunning, "dance beneath the stars" effect. Slow-moving, randomized laser "stars" set against a gorgeous blue nebula. This is a stunning effect for your dance floor or entryway.

$250ea - Dance Instructors Professional dancers who help motivate guests onto the floor. Able to teach line dances to your guests.

$250ea - Live Musicians Some of Nashville's finest live musicians for your Ceremony, Cocktail or Dinner Hour.

$750 - Jazz Trio Works great for cocktail hour and/or dinner set. Adds a real touch of class to any occasion (Gtr/Bass/Drums or Sax/Bass/Drums, your choice).

$20/step - Difficult Load-in Conditions While extremely rare, if your venue does not provide wheelchair accessibility (i.e. staircase with no elevator for example), we charge $20 per step. Sorry, but this situation requires that we hire additional personnel and we must pass the cost along.

$150/hr - Overtime Our contracts are written with enough time for most events. If you require more time for your event, it is only $150 per hour.

$1/mile - Travel Fees - (outside the Nashville area)The first 100 miles (50 miles each way) is free. After that, it's $1 per mile travelled, both directions.

>>>>$20/step - Difficult Load-in Conditions While extremely rare, if your venue does not provide wheelchair accessibility (i.e. staircase with no elevator for example), we charge $20 per step. Sorry, but this situation requires that we hire additional personnel and we must pass the cost along.<<<<

Nice rider provision! Loving it. Wish I had thought of that years ago...

GJ

>>>>$20/step - Difficult Load-in Conditions While extremely rare, if your venue does not provide wheelchair accessibility (i.e. staircase with no elevator for example), we charge $20 per step. Sorry, but this situation requires that we hire additional personnel and we must pass the cost along.<<<<

Nice rider provision! Loving it. Wish I had thought of that years ago...

GJ

I've never used it (although I could have). I mainly use it to give us the option of charging, or we can just take a pair of tops (no sub) and ditch anything else that's heavy. If they want to complain at that point they always have the option of adding another $250-$400 onto their bill. Funny how money always seems to clear up these types of contentious issues.

Reactions: DJ_MJ
big $1800
bigger $2800
transportation $1.50/mile round trip
over time $300/hr (base price up to 4 hr dance)

Hey Valerie, I'm thinking again about wading into corporate stuff. I know there's a million options with classrooms, video, etc. but what range would you say you work in for typical conferences, say 100-500 in size? I'm thinking audio, 2 large screens, maybe a corporate logo and full stage backdrop (uplighted) as a typical offering. If I could tap into a decent number of these, I might think strongly about punting the day job.

I don't offer packages...and I don't list prices on my website.
It encourages some sort of conversation or discussion...either on the phone or via email.
If a client needs something MORE than what I offer,
then I can address the availability and the cost in the discussion.
As Canute said, every situation is different.
So, it's good to be flexible.

Reactions: DJ_MJ
you can hire me for $1

BUT if I quoted you the rest of the cost!.... (would start @$3,000)