What do I miss?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

SemiRetired DJ

DJ Extraordinaire
It has been about three years since I shut down the business and there are some things I miss and don't miss.

What I miss are:

• The planning. I actually liked working with the client to plan their event. Secretly, I hoped that they did not fill out the materials so that I could sit down with them and work it out.
  • Interaction with new people. DJ's meet new people at least every week; at least that was my experience. I still have some previous clients that I correspond with regularly because they are now friends.
  • Interaction with you guys. Well, I'm still here but few and far between now-a-days. When the company was in operation I was on the boards almost every day.
  • Building and tweaking the website. I haven't put a website up in about a year. I just have not had the need. I know I'll come back to building one because I have an idea for one but I need to ruminate a little more on it.
  • Doing the show. OK, it is an ego blast especially if you have a full dance floor and keep it going but seeing all the planning come together, especially if it jelled, was extremely fun.

I'm sure I'll have more.

You probably know what I don't miss from previous posts so that dead horse does not need a beating.

So, if you were to retire, what would you miss?

Reactions: 3 people
I don't plan to retire ... at least from everything but the day job. I do things because I like to do them. I'll dwindle down over time, but retirement is for when I can't move.

Reactions: 2 people
The money,,, not having a "trade" or any other real ability, all I have to look forward to is "Welcome To Wal-Mart" or "do you want fries with that"?

Reactions: 3 people
We miss meeting and chatting with new people, making new friends. That's about all we miss.

I'll tell ya what we don't miss ~ all the bull work, sore backs and aching muscles. Standing out in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity for hours. And the old adage about everybody being a music expert, everyone knowing how to DJ better than we do, well we got a bit too old for that nonsense. :)

Reactions: 5 people