What a hell of a last minute call to do a gig!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I only have 2 things I feel could be improved with it: (1) I wish it was a made of something that feels more solid than the plastic & (2) wish it had just a few more custom programmable buttons.
for that price how much more could it have. If they added anything mire they would lose money and probably go out of business. Glad you all like it. I'll pass.

I only have 2 things I feel could be improved with it: (1) I wish it was a made of something that feels more solid than the plastic & (2) wish it had just a few more custom programmable buttons.

I picked up a Behringer CMD Micro DJ controller ( http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MICRO.aspx ) .. not real fond of Behringer, but it's similar to the DJ2GO and made of metal. Haven't played with it to see how compatible it is ..

CMD-MICRO_banner.jpg

Steve sorry but that Newmark controller is pure junk. Never would buy it in 2 million years. Firts the wheels are crap. Need I say more.

Mix .. it's actually pretty rugged. I only use the "platters" to do very simple cueing and it works fine. Mainly I use the big play/pause buttons .. everything else I do on the laptop with a mouse.

I picked up a Behringer CMD Micro DJ controller ( http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MICRO.aspx ) .. not real fond of Behringer, but it's similar to the DJ2GO and made of metal. Haven't played with it to see how compatible it is ..

CMD-MICRO_banner.jpg

Mix .. it's actually pretty rugged. I only use the "platters" to do very simple cueing and it works fine. Mainly I use the big play/pause buttons .. everything else I do on the laptop with a mouse.
Well come on Steve, you need to use it, and do review..

Reactions: Ausumm
I'll add it to the "I'll get to it someday" pile.

Reactions: Ausumm
I pulled them out .. here they are side by side .. similar layout, but the Behringer is much larger and taller. And I was mistaken .. only the top plate is metal. Behringer is also battery powered, so the buttons light up.

IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0991.JPG

And here they are stacked (for reference) and the Behry lit up.

IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0993.JPG

Too bad my hands and fingers are too big. I'll stay with something a little bit bigger ;)

I wanted something small .. preferably a 2-3 RU rack mounted unit, but they don't seem to want to make those anymore and I don't have interest in custom mapping to current versions of software. The DJ2GO is supported by just about anything ... the Behry is better constructed. At some point I'm going to get some flat aluminum stock and make a mounting plate with a dip in the middle to hold either in a rack with the controls at surface level. The Numark will fit in 2 rack spaces .. the Behringer needs 3. As I said, I only need a few external controls .. either will work .. the Behringer (if it supports the applications) would be nicer in a dim lit room.

Reactions: Ron and DJ SVO
Too bad my hands and fingers are too big. I'll stay with something a little bit bigger ;)

that's why I can't use either one.

I'm not exactly a small guy and my hands aren't petite .. I guess it's more of what you need out of the platters. I don't scratch or slip cue or what not. For me, I just need to scroll through a song to get to or mark a cue or transition point and either of these guys does it.

I didn't want an all-in-one controller. I like my separate mixers (Rane MP4, Rane MP25) .. just needed access to a few controls.

Reactions: Ron and DJ SVO
Steve,
When doing my OBGYN time, you can't imagine the look of terror in my patients eyes (Specially small women) when the gloves came on, however I got very kind reviews after everything was over ;). I'm more comfortable with the HC4500's and my big mixers :)

It's all about what works for you. I beat mix and hate doing depending on the play button. Also do either of those controllers scratch? If they don't when setting up a song to be mixed you'll hear nothing but a stuttering sound when listening in the headphones.

It's all about what works for you. I beat mix and hate doing depending on the play button. Also do either of those controllers scratch? If they don't when setting up a song to be mixed you'll hear nothing but a stuttering sound when listening in the headphones.
They both scratch, but I don't. The only thing they are not is pressure sensitive, so no tapping on the platter.

Steve,
When doing my OBGYN time, you can't imagine the look of terror in my patients eyes (Specially small women) when the gloves came on, however I got very kind reviews after everything was over ;). I'm more comfortable with the HC4500's and my big mixers :)

77763959.IajbhiPW.IMG_7827_filtered.jpg

Reactions: DJ SVO
I have the DJ2GO as well.
I got mine for less than $40, so I am okay with the quality and functions.
If it had more features and better construction, it would cost as much as the other controllers.

And Steve, I believe the buttons light up on it...using thye SUB power (no battery)