Weddings Weddzilla.com??

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Well, the sites not called "Bridezilla", plus this is much different than restaurant names you gave. Hey if you don't like the site, less chance getting a lead for you and more for your competitors, right?

Oh Yes, also we will be having the "owners" of Weddzilla present as part of a Q&A for the ADJA- Washington D.C. Chapter meeting which will take place in March. The topic will involved Sales Marketing regarding directories, personal websites, and other topics. If you want to attend, send me an email to [email protected] and I'll put you on the E-Vite list.

You guys are making it harder and harder for me to say no to the DC Chapter. :sqwink:

Jake, My wife and I will see you guys on the 22nd.

I just did a 100 mile radius search around my zip code in weddzilla...hmmm, I'm not on there but Chuck/Papa is. I see several others I know, I'll have to mention it to them. Interestingly, they sort the listings alphabetically, not by proximity the original zip code.

I am? I searched my zip within 15 miles, and selected DJ... I didn't see my listing... all were listed on one page.

Did some searching the site tonight. Found a few local companies, one of whom I know. That's Sharon of Dune Tunes.

They didn't have us listed so I logged in for the free, 30-day trial.

I guess if you don't like a free listing, you must not have your number listed in the free section of the phone book either.

It's not that Sarge.... some of these sites have a real slimy feeling and they put you on without asking. I have had my site removed from 2 sites like this.

Hamp,

Why do you say this? I "assume" you are making your comment in reference to my question! I was simply curious!

I was simply asking if the site was associated with ADJA based on the input from Chilihead!

I happened to have signed up for their free listing and will make a determination on buying in (if I see any response from brides in relation to the site)!

It is starting appear that to be a member of the ADJA one of the requirements is paranoia! Why not answer the question and then let things ride before you jump to conclusions!

If Wedzilla has an association with the ADJA, it's not mentioned on the site. If it is, I overlooked it. :)

It is starting appear that to be a member of the ADJA one of the requirements is paranoia!

Well, I'm a member and I am not paranoid. Humanoid, yes, but not paranoid.

Gotta run, somebody's out to get me. :sqwink: :sqlaugh:

How is this ADJA related???!!

I guess I mispelled WEDDZILLA!

No it's not related, but who cares if it was? It's a directory AIMED TO GET YOU LEADS.

I'm confused with your point :(

No wonder why this site is not popular. Too many blowhards here.

Not a hater, just wondering why so many people here are so bitter.

This site... ODJT, not popular? If that is what you mean, you couldn't be more wrong.

That is also funny.... Not a hater.... Too many blowhards here.... sounds rather contradictory.... Also, I would if you would be saying the same things if you didn't know the owners of Wedzilla? ( Which, BTW, I did not bash )

No wonder why this site is not popular. Too many blowhards here.

Not a hater, just wondering why so many people here are so bitter.
And I am wondering why you so adamantly promote the site here. Is there something in it for yourself?

Jake,

Here is the skinny for those who don't read what they post before getting stupid on someone else's post!

I received a call back in early August from a colleague of mine informing me of an opportunity to become a launch partner for a site called "Weddzilla".

Correct me if I am wrong here!

1. You are an officer in the ADJA chapter!

2. You are a partner in the "weddzilla" site!

3. You have the top billing on the site!

So a reasoning mind could make a connection between you and the site, since your connection to the ADJA is known, wouldn't a reasonable question be, "is the site associated with the ADJA?"

It's just a question not a beat down on the ADJA perhaps if you would read before inserting your foot in your mouth you would have a better understanding of where people are coming from!

Perhaps if the ADJA leaders would spend a little more time reading something and taking it for what is said instead of trying read something between the lines of everything posted, they could come to a better understanding of the people they are trying so hard to denigerate! And if they certainly stopped for a couple of minutes and asked themselves "who are really the haters here?" the cloud would lift from their brain. (Please note I said ADJA leaders not the general membership)

I have given my opinion on several things posted here and tried hard to explain the way I saw the things as they were written, you don't like what I saw so you call me a hater!
The truth is your EGO gets in your way and that is what the whole problem is!

Personally I see nothing wrong with wanting an association!
I see nothing wrong with wanting to benefit from being part of that association!

What I do have a problem with is if that association starts to affect my business (as in the plan to try and force venues to only hire ADJA members).
What I do have a problem with is ADJA leaders who think only an ADJA member is a decent DJ!
I happen to think that Sarge is a good guy (he has been around too many of the paranoid ADJA people, but he seems to get his senses about him fairly quick, and look at what was said in a more logical sense after it is pointed out to him what was actually said instead of what he tried to read into it. You on the other hand have the P. M. complex and don't seem to have the same ability!

But I still won't hold that against weddzilla!

Also I must say that you come in here with interests in such and come across deceptive being of major interest with the zilla site. Your cred is WORTHless. Go sell your goods elsewhere. Thanks for proving a point. Your claim is one of no substance as you havent benefited from one of the best sharing forums online. I marvel at the lack of posts recently which totally spells success as our members are becoming more profitable and doing more events due to in part the great sharing done here.

Folks:

Go back a few posts and you will find that Jake indicated that he is a launch partner for Wedzilla. Also, he also states the purpose of the site.

He is here definding the site because there have been some unwarrented attacks against it. He is not being deceptive about it and, as a matter of fact, he is being rather open. I think some folks here owe him an appology.

Jon said:

Go sell your goods elsewhere.

Jake is not trying to sell anything, just trying to defend some friends against attack. I think Rocky stated that there is nothing wrong with a site listing you on their page. If you don't want the affiliation, you can ask them to remove it and, as has been seen, they will. I, for one, have no problems with the advertisement on their site.

Jake is, as some have surmized, an officer in the DC chapter of the ADJA. What the hell is wrong with that? You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Jake and Hamton have fought a hard battle to get that chapter established. One of the things that they had to put up with with some of the backstabbing antics of some of my former colleagues in another local association.

Lately I am ashamed to be part of this board and really wonder why I even bother to be part of any of them.