Vinyl Making a Comeback on Yahoo/CNN

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Balanced Line

New DJ
Aug 14, 2006
God bless you Vinyl Spinner but still,

I think they’re all crackers. I’ve always felt vinyl is capable of much better quality than it is given credit for. Still...the best?

http://www.yahoo.com/

See the “Featured†tab on the Yahoo site “Vinyl Refuses to Quitâ€.

Can’t give the URL as it is hidden and opens a new window.

I Am Simply Nine Years Ahead Of My Time

I’ve always felt vinyl is capable of much better quality than it is given credit for. Still...the best?

http://www.yahoo.com/

See the “Featured†tab on the Yahoo site “Vinyl Refuses to Quitâ€.

Can’t give the URL as it is hidden and opens a new window.

No comment.

Of course, the conspiracy continues, as the URL is hidden so that I cannot put a link on my website to educate the people.

//

CNN is a joke, anyway. :p

:sqlaugh:

No comment.

Of course, the conspiracy continues, as the URL is hidden so that I cannot put a link on my website to educate the people.

CNN is a joke, anyway. :p

:sqlaugh:

This is the third such resurgence that I can remember. Every once in a while a factory re-starts a line, they put out a press release, a news film crew shows up. If you say to kids I’m going to put on a record they say, what? Vinyl, I hope it always available in better quality than I remember in the closing days of the vinyl era. Even with all the carbon black, those records were so thin you could see daylight through 'em.

Another indication of the inexorable long term decline of Vinyl, the venerable Stanton 881S is no longer available. I wanted to buy a replacement but it seems the opportunity has passed. Only the Stanton 681EEE remains of the audiophile line.

Yes, CNN is a joke, a shadow of its former self. For real belly laughs watch FOX.

I still love vinyl and the control we have over the mixes with vinyl. This is why I am going the digital route with Rane SSL. The best of both worlds and no more milk crates.

I still have all mine at home :) Vinyl that is..

Rocky (Sly Stallone) is trying to make a comeback too.
I hear in this new movie, he's fighting constipation.

Vinyl is only important to the turntablists. The rest of the world will never go back. It's like cassettes & 8 tracks. A part of history. I have cases of LPs & 45s in my garage. They haven't been touched in 10+ yrs. I just don't have the heart to throw them out. (or sell 'em)

I actually have quite a bit of vinyl myself.

I don't personally use it for work, but do appreciate that some DJ's prefer it as their tool of choice. Every music source tool has it's positives and negatives.

...and I hear Segway is going to be the next big thing in human transportation.:rofl:

...and Leisure Suits will finally be given the respect and props that fashion statement deserves.:sqeek:

I can't wait for the New NEW COKE!:sqrolleyes:

In all seriousness, I cut my teeth on black plastic and late 70's/early 80's and 1200s. I can whole heartedly state that since obtaining and utilizing my Pioneer CDJ 1Ks, I do not miss, not even for the sake of nostalgia and the alleged positive aspects of vinyl, the overwhelming NEGATIVE qualities of the vinyl medium.

I know YMMV but I ain't buyin' it.:sqwink:

P.S. I still own and ain't ever getting rid of the wall of vinyl in my office. I just ain't draging it out to perform. To this day, when I hear a Boston joint, like Rock and Roll Band, or anything from Frampton Comes Alive, it seems less real, less authentic without the annoying but expected hisses and pops.

P.S.S. I also miss having to set my rig on cinder blocks and beach towels or stacks of vibration reducing egg crate foam.

Well Vinyl is heavy and scratches, Cd's also bulky and scratch, tapes warp and computers crash.

Individual choices, maybe we just need to appreciate the differences.

Individual choices, maybe we just need to appreciate the differences.

I certainly do!

I appreciate it everytime some harmless yet careless partier bumps my coffin as I no longer having to fight the desire to cave his/her skull in.

I appreciate never hearing, never hearing, never hearing the music skip.

I appreciate that I only have to carry way too many crates of music (only one magliner load full) as opposed to an unending (three trips with the cart at last count) number of crates of music.

I most certainly appreciate the difference.:sqwink:

I certainly do!

I appreciate it everytime some harmless yet careless partier bumps my coffin as I no longer having to fight the desire to cave his/her skull in.

I appreciate never hearing, never hearing, never hearing the music skip.

I appreciate that I only have to carry way too many crates of music (only one magliner load full) as opposed to an unending (three trips with the cart at last count) number of crates of music.

I most certainly appreciate the difference.:sqwink:

Do we need a group hug? :sqwink: