Used Pioneer DJ Controller?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
That's interesting... a Denon HC4500??? Why did you choose that controller? You're a pretty knowledgeable guy; in your opinion, how does Denon compare with Pioneer? The Denon HC4500 is pretty reasonably priced. It only comes with Traktor LE, though. I got a full version of Traktor Pro 2 with my VMS 4.1, so I'm using Traktor for now. I even use it with my DP2, but it came with Virtual DJ Lite (never tried it).
The HC4500 is a great piece and will work well with Traktor..... i've used mine with PCDJ, VDJ, an Traktor, all without fail. It's a rock solid for sure.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
The HC4500 is a great piece and will work well with Traktor..... i've used mine with PCDJ, VDJ, an Traktor, all without fail. It's a rock solid for sure.

I hope so .. bought Traktor during the Black Friday sales .. haven't put it to permanent use. Denon worked fine with my PCDJ and my brief experiment with the full VDJ.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
OK... So here's the ultimate question.... If I get a Denon controller, will I be a REAL DJ? In another forum, apparently I'm not a REAL DJ because I use an American Audio controller. That really concerns me (LOL).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Actually, "real" DJs use Rockit Pro DJ software, and since it is no longer available, we are an exclusive club ... :)

Actually, "real" DJs use Rockit Pro DJ software, and since it is no longer available, we are an exclusive club ... :)

Maybe I could pirate a copy of Rockit and then I'd be a real DJ (LOL)? Yeh... and I could change my name to DJ Jack (Sparrow) and become a pirate DJ...I could even play pirated music (LOL)!

Reactions: steve149
Actually, I wish it was still available, as it would have meant the author hadn't passed on. Ricky was a ODJT mainstay and a one of a kind individual.

Well you're not going to believe this, but I just bought a Pioneer DDJ-T1 on eBay for $147.50. Take a look...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191532755575
I even got an Odyssey case with it. Supposedly, they are in excellent condition. I watched one go for $290 earlier in the day, and another went for $299 last week, so I decided to bid on this one. I can't believe I got it for that price. Traktor isn't included, but even if I have to buy the software, I still think I got a great deal!:djsmug:

Now if I can get some of those snazzy speakers like Steve149 bought, I'll be stylin'!

I buy a LOT on eBay for that reason. Just got to be patient and a good deal comes along every now and then. Bought my Rane MP25, which normally sells for $1450, for $750. Someone bought it, decided they didn't want it (didn't even look touched) and I lucked out as there was little bidding.

I buy a LOT on eBay for that reason. Just got to be patient and a good deal comes along every now and then. Bought my Rane MP25, which normally sells for $1450, for $750. Someone bought it, decided they didn't want it (didn't even look touched) and I lucked out as there was little bidding.
I rarely get a deal this good. Usually the stuff I bid on sells for more that my max bid. I think with this one, since several just like it were sold recently for around $300, few people bothered to bid. I think there were only 2 other bidders and one quit bidding at $101. I'm really pleased and excited... a little scared too. I was just getting comfortable with my VMS 4.1. I guess it's back to practicing...:laugh:

Reactions: steve149
As for Traktor .. keep an eye out. I bought it during Black Friday sales for $49.

Nice hit on the Pioneer DDJ-T1.

So far I have played with VDJ 7 LE (came with my controller), the free VDJ 8 Home version, Traktor 2.73 (thanks to steve149), and Mixvibes Cross DJ(picked it up for $39 on sale). My favorite so far is Mixvibes. Since I am not a real DJ :djsmug:, I use the Synch a lot. Mixvibes does that and "auto loop" seamlessly, plus it has a good song preview (like VDJ), not the idiot one Traktor uses. It also has this new feature called "Match" for a quick library scan of songs similar to what's playing, that actually works. There is a user posted mapping for the DDJ-T1 on their website. Not trying to sell anything, just my two-cents.

Nice hit on the Pioneer DDJ-T1.

So far I have played with VDJ 7 LE (came with my controller), the free VDJ 8 Home version, Traktor 2.73 (thanks to steve149), and Mixvibes Cross DJ(picked it up for $39 on sale). My favorite so far is Mixvibes. Since I am not a real DJ :djsmug:, I use the Synch a lot. Mixvibes does that and "auto loop" seamlessly, plus it has a good song preview (like VDJ), not the idiot one Traktor uses. It also has this new feature called "Match" for a quick library scan of songs similar to what's playing, that actually works. There is a user posted mapping for the DDJ-T1 on their website. Not trying to sell anything, just my two-cents.
I appreciate the advice. I'll certainly look into Mixvibes. It sounds like it's worth considering. Traktor Pro 2 is only $99, so I still did OK, even if I have to pay full price for it. Thanks again for the recommendations.

Edit: I use Sync too, so if that's the criteria, I'm not a real DJ either. Strangely enough, my audiences have not noticed and think I am a real DJ. If it was an audience of DJ's I'd be screwed, but so far, no DJ's were present[emoji1].

I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I already own and use Traktor Pro 2 with my American Audio VMS 4.1, and I'll be using the same computer. So I think all I need to do is download the TSI file from Pioneer. Is that right? I don't think using 2 different controllers with the same computer is a problem (not at the same time). Surely others who have a backup and primary controller already do this? Are there any issues?
My current backup controller is in another rack with another computer, so I never thought about it before.

Shouldn't even have to do that. The DDJ-T1 is natively mapped in 2.7.3 - you just need to go into the configuration settings (under midi) and tell it what controller you are (or are not) using.

Shouldn't even have to do that. The DDJ-T1 is natively mapped in 2.7.3 - you just need to go into the configuration settings (under midi) and tell it what controller you are (or are not) using.
Well that IS cool! I'll give it a try when my T1 gets here. Thanks again Handinon[emoji4].

Reactions: ittigger

I just love when we can help each other out. Kudos to you sir.

:D