LiveX

Trying something that might work.... different, at least.

Discussion in 'DJ Marketing' started by Papa Deuce, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

Trying an out of the box thing here in hopes of making new friends and gaining clients for my DJ business. It was only $36 for six months, so even if neither of those goals are met, it doesn't break the bank. Now, as I have been told, you should not directly market yourself / events on meetup, but gain from social networking in a non high pressure way.

http://www.meetup.com/Collegeville-Fun-Folks/

Maybe you can give it a shot too..... and no, I don't get paid for referrals. Just putting it out there. I don't know if this is available in Canada....
    DJ_MJ and Jeff Romard like this.
  2. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

OK, to follow up, I went to a meetup last night - someone else', not mine, and was asked what I do. The guy in charge took my card and said I will call you for the next time we need a DJ and if you do a good job, you can have all of our events, which are 4 - 5 per year. I also learned that my DJ company can sponsor my own meetup group, and that will be info for all my members to see. My meetup group went "live" yesterday, and I have 3 members so far, without even having done an actual meetup yet. Oh, and the guy who said I can DJ, runs a meetup group of 1200+ members, all 40+ in age, and all singles...... that is SO UP MY ALLEY as far as what I enjoy DJing.
    Loneavenger, ittigger and Jeff Romard like this.
DJ Event Planner