Thinking about going back to the basics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I am seriously considering getting rid of all the fluff, no more photo booth, uplighting, or other event enhancements, I can subcontract all of this other stuff when it's needed, I have noticed a very precipitous decline in people "having to have it" I could free up storage space, it's all paid for itself many times over so whatever I could sell it for would be cash i could turn into something else.

I think I just want to be a DJ again, I'm getting sick and tired of all the extra effort and distraction these ad-on's require.

Last edited:
We don't do lighting for the reasons that you all have stated. We do have a Photobooth and have found it to be slightly profitable. We have a glut of photobooths in our area offering low prices. I have found brides can even know the difference in quality and fun but still go with cheap. Just because for them its fluff and filler in the reception. Though the DJ portion of our business is busier than ever. The main reason for us getting a booth where to control the event better. I was tired of seeing half my dance floor go to the booth and then trading places and switching places.

The time with many boothers was not much of an option. They would have the booth open during specific moments that most clients wanted to share with there family and friends. I do love having our own booth. We direct people to the booth, the booth sends them back to us. We control the flow and times now much better with permission of our clients.We offer one of the best booth services in our area. I believe in the end quality will always trump quanity. When it comes to hire paying events and quality of clients.

It's great to have the extra income but you have the extra stress and in reality how many things can you be good at at the same time.

Reactions: ittigger