Swing music needed

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Lots of really good choices have been mentioned and my expertise with this genre is somewhat limited
(I didn't know there was an east/west coast sub genre hehe).

I would just like to cast my vote for Christina Aguilera's "Candyman".
Love the video as well.

Reactions: ittigger
If any of you have "Essential Megamixes Vol. 4" from DJ Wholesale Club, there is a great mix (track 11 thru 14) that has BPM 186-242 and is 13:42 min long; track names: Zoot Zuit Riot (Cherry Poppin' Daddies), Pick Up The Phone (Swinghead), Jump, Jive and Wail (Brian Setzer Orch.), You & Me & The Bottle Makes Three (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy), Jumpin' Jack (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy).

There's also a sub-style of Swing, Tripple-Time Swing. A couple of CD you might try to find: "Roll Up The Rug" (triple-time Swing, Vol 2)(Rhythm & Blues & Beyond. Several tracks from this CD that I like: "The Hunt Is On" - Johnny Adams 125 bpm; "Change In The Weather" - Buddy Guy 125 bpm; "My Ordinary Girl" - Tommy Ridgley 128 bpm; and "Toughen Up" - Lloyd Jones 132 bpm.

"Roll Up The Rug, Vol 1 (triple-time swing)(Rhythm & Blues) has several that I like: "Satisfy Susie" - Lonnie Mack 141 bpm; "Meet Me With Your Black Drawers On" - Prof.'s Blues Review w/ Gloria Hardman 122 bpm.

Check out "Let's Dance! (the best of ballroom Swing, Lindy, Jitterbug And Jive). You'll find some "oldies" that you didn't realize were other sub-styles of Swing: Lindy (Hop), Jitterbug and Jive.

Finally, there's a 2-disc compilation of Swing hits; "Next Generation Swing, Vol 1 and Vol2. Disc 2 of this volume has many of the Big Band Hits by new/current bands; A String of Pearls, Moonglow, Jersey Bounce...and more.

Enjoy.

If any of you have "Essential Megamixes Vol. 4" from DJ Wholesale Club, there is a great mix (track 11 thru 14) that has BPM 186-242 and is 13:42 min long; track names: Zoot Zuit Riot (Cherry Poppin' Daddies), Pick Up The Phone (Swinghead), Jump, Jive and Wail (Brian Setzer Orch.), You & Me & The Bottle Makes Three (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy), Jumpin' Jack (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy).

There's also a sub-style of Swing, Tripple-Time Swing. A couple of CD you might try to find: "Roll Up The Rug" (triple-time Swing, Vol 2)(Rhythm & Blues & Beyond. Several tracks from this CD that I like: "The Hunt Is On" - Johnny Adams 125 bpm; "Change In The Weather" - Buddy Guy 125 bpm; "My Ordinary Girl" - Tommy Ridgley 128 bpm; and "Toughen Up" - Lloyd Jones 132 bpm.

"Roll Up The Rug, Vol 1 (triple-time swing)(Rhythm & Blues) has several that I like: "Satisfy Susie" - Lonnie Mack 141 bpm; "Meet Me With Your Black Drawers On" - Prof.'s Blues Review w/ Gloria Hardman 122 bpm.

Check out "Let's Dance! (the best of ballroom Swing, Lindy, Jitterbug And Jive). You'll find some "oldies" that you didn't realize were other sub-styles of Swing: Lindy (Hop), Jitterbug and Jive.

Finally, there's a 2-disc compilation of Swing hits; "Next Generation Swing, Vol 1 and Vol2. Disc 2 of this volume has many of the Big Band Hits by new/current bands; A String of Pearls, Moonglow, Jersey Bounce...and more.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of those tracks I do not have yet. There's a lot more Swing Revival artists out there than you'd think. If you're not specifically looking for it, you probably wouldn't run across it. Some of the music is pretty darn good though. It had me bee-boppin' all over the house (LOL).

Reactions: ittigger