Smaller Bliss or Chauvet 4Bar?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Papa Deuce

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2006
Valley Forge Area
I think I will be getting one of these soon. Just not sure which I want first. I'm leaning to the Bliss, but the Chauvet may be more useful...

What do you think?

If you don't currently have any color wash I would get the Chauvet 4Bar first. But I might also consider getting 4 Regular Chauvet LED Rain 56 cans, would cost more but be more versatile.

Chauvet Colorstrip. Oh wait, that wasn't one of your choices... Nevermind.

Seriously, you are looking at two completely different effects. You'll have to decide what you're looking for before dropping the coin.

Of course I know that. Evenetually I will have both. Just not sure which one I would use more.... and, if I could upsell one more than the other.

I wouldn't buy the bliss expecting to up-sell it.

I find that most people I know are just throwing it in.. 2 years ago when no one had them, they were special.. now even the $150 dj's have a bliss light, so around here, It's kind of expected that it's just included.

It's a phenomenal addition to your arsenal, but it's not so much a revenue stream.

Start up-selling the bliss. If you have enough people to justify your purchase you are laughing.

I just added the bliss to my add-on 2010 list for 100.00.
Maybe I will have to buy it as well :)

With lighting it all depends how you upsell it, I have the Bliss and I'm able to up sell it for up to $300.00 depending on its configuration. Ok I know this will raise some eyebrows but if you're creative and explain it well you can sell it.

But I agree the 4 Rain 56 will give you better options.

I wouldn't buy the bliss expecting to up-sell it.

I find that most people I know are just throwing it in.. 2 years ago when no one had them, they were special.. now even the $150 dj's have a bliss light, so around here, It's kind of expected that it's just included.

It's a phenomenal addition to your arsenal, but it's not so much a revenue stream.

I was afraid of that. First they almost give away their craft now they give it away with bonuses. I specialize in the music and when the client wants lights, I call in my buddy for the addition or a lighting guy. I setup and tear down my sound and he sets ups and tears down his lighting system.
Pretty soon they will be giving away free video!

Light up-sells are next to impossible in my market, just ask Jon Tuck. The only chance I have of an up-sell is with my new Martin PR1 logo projector.

that's where I am at too!
most people around here haven't even heard the term "up-lighting"
(heck most of them refer to a light show as DISCO LIGHTS)
:sqeek:

We have used the 4 Bar every week since we got our first.
Mike started upselling them at $200 per show and it was too easy.
Now he has upped the price to $350 and getting it with ease from a lot of our clients.

It is harder to sell the deluxe lightshow and easier to sell the architectual lighting... However, A lot of people getting our Architectual lighting also opt to get the 4 Bars in the end to have a color wash for the dancefloor. So basically we are getting the most bang out of the Arch/4Bar combo.

In my personal experience, I say in order of importance and ease of upsell:
1. Architectual Lighting (THE hot thing right now)
2. DanceFloor Color Wash (very popular and easy addition to the Architectual)
3. Gobo or text laser for names
4. Scanner/Heads/Etc. (need to have the right clients and venue)

This is what I am personally seeing.