setting up a 2 channel USB mixer

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

vmx

New DJ
Apr 26, 2013
I can't seem to be able to route(if that's the correct terminology) songs to my Vmx100USB's 2nd channel. Im using a Mac book pro and just a USB connection to the mixer with headphones. Pretty much only one channel's working.

I don't know the Mac, but in the PC world, you need to tell the ASIO driver what maps to the various output channels. I assume it is similar on the Mac, so check first that the deck 1 and deck 2 outputs are mapped properly. Then try reversing them to make sure it isn't a channel 2 problem on the VMX.

I have the same mixer. Channel 1 is the only channel that will work with the USB. Channel 2 is the Line In channel. I have tried the same thing. It says in the instruction book that the USB will only work on Channel 1. Not both channels.

I suppose I should have looked at the unit .. Mike is correct. it's only a 2-channel (left/right) unit. You would need to move up to a 4 channel (2 stereo pair) unit or use a second USB sound card for the other deck. That soundcard could be plugged into your second channel on the mixer.

Reactions: 1 person