Server Move Saturday Evening

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Dan The Man

Administrator
Staff member
ODJT Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
New York
danhutter.com
Hi Folks,

Late this evening I'll be moving ODJT to a new VPS instance; this should fix some of the sluggishness, stability, and connectivity issues we've had as of late.

You should see the site normally in the morning. In case you don't you will see a notice advising of the move.

Thanks,
Dan

Seeing seeing seeing! Thanks for the hard work Dan. It is appreciated!

Reactions: Dan The Man
Thanks for all you do!

It does appear to be much snappier today. Merci beaucoup.

Glad to hear things are better. The site definitely does feel snapper than me. Same host, same size VPS, different VPS platform though. I guess KVM vs OpenVZ really does make a difference. I'll keep that in mind for future endeavors.

One thing I'm not impressed about is my root password randomly decides not to work. :tankmission:

Reactions: ittigger
This morning it was hit or miss ... wouldn't connect for a good 30min. Now it's fine.

This morning it was hit or miss ... wouldn't connect for a good 30min. Now it's fine.
Thanks Steve. It's possible DNS was still bouncing around. I'm considering dumping this provider as their support has been horrible thus far. 3 times my root password randomly decided not to work. Plus, chances are if I'm asking for help I need at least a level 2 tech. Not some level 1 tech copy/pasting replies.

Just fixed a rather odd error concerning a crashed mySQL table that @ittigger alerted me to. That's odd an usually a sign that a hard drive is about to die.