SDJ1 Firmware Update

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rolfeilert

New DJ
Dec 17, 2008
Have been through that mill ...

When the SDJ displays "update UI" or similar ... it has nothing to do do with actually the software is outdated. The sdj1 has not any built in timer that calls for an update.

The "update issue" is caused by a design error. If you look on the net , several has the same problem , including myself. If you "update" the software it did not help in my case, I was told to update , everybody was told to update even they knew this did not work.

I haven't found out what causing the error it appeared after 2 months time , i got a new sdj1 (American audio edition), it has worked ok.

I know people has complained about this long time , but they acted as they never heard about it , when i contacted service.

SDJ1

Think about it ...... if you bought an airplane and the company KNEW the plane brake down February/2009 because a driver needed update, don't you think the company would inform you ????

I cannot see this AAudio - firm is neither serious or care about its customers.

There is not ANY driver update that FIX the problem.
There is not ANY information about this issue anywhere.:sqmad:

This issue is not NEW , its being going on since the box entered, when I spoke to people who had this issue close to a year from now, they could not believe this hadn't been addressed.

My advice is: stay away from SDJ1, it seem to work OK while it does, but it is a ticking bomb, you never know when its gonna stop playing and show "update ui". Its seems to me the firm has given up this box, and put everything in the SDJ2.

that kind of reputation will kill a manufacturer. Denon had some issues when their player came out. Solved very quickly. very very reliable.

observation about this unit:

It seems that having these little cards would be a pain. lets say you had 4 gig cards. thats about 600 songs a card ripped at 256k. If i have 20k songs, I need 34 cards. So i first need to figure out which card the song i need is on. I also need to keep track of these cards.

the only advantage i can see with a player like this is that it would not be interrupted if the system was being violently shaken. My system uses a hd and might not work. however, if my system was being shaken violently, I would suddenly no longer care if people were still hearing music, I would be more concerned about the source of said shaking.

also, their website says you can put up to 1000 songs on a 1 gig card at 128k. I think they meant a 4 gig card.

that kind of reputation will kill a manufacturer. Denon had some issues when their player came out. Solved very quickly. very very reliable.

observation about this unit:

It seems that having these little cards would be a pain. lets say you had 4 gig cards. thats about 600 songs a card ripped at 256k. If i have 20k songs, I need 34 cards. So i first need to figure out which card the song i need is on. I also need to keep track of these cards.

the only advantage i can see with a player like this is that it would not be interrupted if the system was being violently shaken. My system uses a hd and might not work. however, if my system was being shaken violently, I would suddenly no longer care if people were still hearing music, I would be more concerned about the source of said shaking.

also, their website says you can put up to 1000 songs on a 1 gig card at 128k. I think they meant a 4 gig card.

The SDJ 2 now supports the higher capacity SD card ( SDHC )

I believe the AAudio should confirm its customers if their units will stop performing due to a "driver update" issue.

Was the sdj1 a single occurrence, or is this "firm policy" and applied to all products. Anyway , they should inform about the date the driver is outdated.

If they do not ... i don't dare to use AA-products again, the SDj1 broke down when i was playing on a boat , no chance to get any backup devices that fast.

Looking at Cortex players, they also have their issues, but the company making updates, and are helpful to fix problems continuously. If the company does not communicate with me, I don't care about them, put my money somewhere else.

I had this problem 15 minutes before an event started. I unplugged it while it was on. Then tried holding the on button while plugging it in. I'm not sure if any of that fixed it, but something worked. Good luck!