Rockville Stands

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They look beefier than normal On-Stage and the like ... I still like the leg mechanism of the Ultimate stands (though they're about $200 for a pair with Telelocks .. my fave).

Reactions: DJ Wes
Can't wait to hear about these.

I also have the Telelock air system, but if these are any good at all for the price I would love to get another pair.

One question I would like to know is what is the lowest height with the legs out ready to to put the speaker on is?

My Ultimate air stands with the legs out and the adapter up ready to put a speaker on is about 52".

OK, I must say I am very impressed with these stands. If you thought they looked beefy.. you are right. They are solid. It certainly has some weight to it (25 lbs). I like the metal collars. These things have some power to them. Of course I tested them first without putting a speaker on top, and it took a grip to keep them from flying up. Pushing them back down took some pressure too. Anyway with the legs spread.. the stand height is about 50" (picture included), the spread between 2 legs is about 58" (picture included). Like anything else, they are great new... have to see if they stand the test of time. The DS1502 on the stand weighs 65 lbs. It did not lift it up all on it's own, but did not not need much help by any stretch. Came down nice and smooth. I extended it all the way and it felt solid, I would have no worries having that heavy of a speaker all the way up on this stand at a gig. I actually think I might have bought too much stand for the speakers I would normally be putting on them. See Pics:
2014-03-18 16.49.43.jpg 2014-03-18 16.49.47.jpg 2014-03-18 16.50.21.jpg 2014-03-18 16.50.41.jpg 2014-03-18 16.52.28.jpg 2014-03-18 16.53.20.jpg 2014-03-18 16.53.54.jpg 2014-03-18 16.53.58.jpg 2014-03-18 16.54.02.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Opened the back to use these at a gig this past Sunday and found the tightening know for the tripod legs had snapped off the stand. Pics included. Little more than annoyed about this as I wrap the stands in over sized beach towels before placing in the stand bag to help protect them and prevent them from scratching each other up during transport. Will call their support today and see how it is handled.
2014-03-30 16.15.52.jpg

Looks like you found the weak link, the plastic knob. Being a newer company, I hope they have spare parts on hand this early on. If they don't, I would tell them to remove a knob from one of their stock stands and send it to you. Hopefully the will update future models with the same locking mechanism on the bottom as on the top collar.

BTW .. based on that image, the screw on the right looks like it was over-torqued. It appears to be a combo square/Phillips drive that has almost been rounded out.

Reactions: ittigger
Ron I am sorry to say these are rebranded stands that are available all over ebay for an inexpensive price.

Once again the old adage proves correct. You get what you pay for. After 7 months of very regular use another knob has broken and one of the tightening bolts striped. Done with these, while the ease of raising and lowering is very easy, the rest of the components are cheap junk. Can't wait to get the new stands in. Just ordered a set of:
Ultimate Support TS90b's!!

Once again the old adage proves correct. You get what you pay for. After 7 months of very regular use another knob has broken and one of the tightening bolts striped. Done with these, while the ease of raising and lowering is very easy, the rest of the components are cheap junk. Can't wait to get the new stands in. Just ordered a set of:
Ultimate Support TS90b's!!

Thanks for the update. It takes character to admit a mistake. I think you also saved me from making the same mistake.

Reactions: ittigger and Ron
Hope those work better for you.

I must say I'm glad I haven't used a speaker stand in years.