Rock N Roller R16 Assembly & Review

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I bought the similar R12 in August .. the difference being that mine has 10" and 8" R-Track wheels and according to the website, yours has different Ground-Glider (slightly wider wheels) .. 8" and 6". The wider wheels look like they may be better "off-road" and the larger ones I have may be better for hard-surfaces with gaps (sidewalks, etc.). They make too many models .. but they are damn strong carts.

http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/pages/multi-cart-models

Mine is 24 years old, same tires, had a few flats during that time. I mostly use mine in the extended position and I cut a piece of 3/4 " Plyboard covered with carpet the length of the cart to make a base but 4 inches wider to add more stability. You can get an extra large PVC Pipe and cap one end . Strap it upright in the back of the Handles and this will hold 4 Tripods in a vertical fashion!
That extra lip of the plyboard base can carry a flat screen TV on the outside length held in place with Bungee Cords.

Reactions: maestro
I have a pair of the R-12s. I have only one issue with them. When I store 250 lbs or more of cargo on them, which I keep two loaded in the garage all the time, the rear wheels get flat spots on them. That is well below the carts capacity but the rubber wheels aren't stiff enough to keep from getting flat spots.

So I give them a great rating for transportation, but a poor rating for storage.

I have had the R12 for about 7 years decent cart the wheels suck even the run flats same problem as stated before, they develop flt spots when stored loaded with gear, the solution is to change the axles to a smaller diameter so they accept standard wheels, then you can install a much much better wheel and tire combo both front and rear. and its cheaper than buying new wheels from R&R

tunes,

If you have any links to the parts to make the conversion you spoke on please drop them to me in a PM. I would upgrade my carts. I have some really nice, high end, Magliner carts in my trailer, but I use the R&R carts 20 to 1, because most of my gigs I load out of my Honda Van.

tunes,

If you have any links to the parts to make the conversion you spoke on please drop them to me in a PM. I would upgrade my carts. I have some really nice, high end, Magliner carts in my trailer, but I use the R&R carts 20 to 1, because most of my gigs I load out of my Honda Van.

I LOVE the Magliner carts!

Maestro, the pin is in the back. In the shortened position you are supposed to tighten the two big thumb screws to keep the two frames from sliding apart. If I were you I would not drill holes into it. As a matter of fact, in any position, you are supposed to tighten the screws. If you are pulling the cart and the back wheels snag on something, the momentum may cause that pin to snap, the front part would continue and your load will collapse. That pin is just an indicator stop. I would not depend on it as a full stop.

Great review Steve.Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us.

Glad you like it BizzyB.

I've been using the snap pin on my Quik Lok cart for years... It only had a single hole drilled at the max position so I drilled one at 36" and have been using it that way for what must be ten years now. The screw-pins fell out soon after I got it...

http://www.amazon.com/Quik-Lok-BW-600E-Quik-Lok-Cart/dp/B0049B3GDE

Reactions: bizzyb53
Maestro, a couple more hints for you. The rear wheels need that wobble to add flexibility/tolerance for turning. If not there will be more wear on the tire threads everytime you make a turn. You were smart about placing a washer on the outside of the wheel between the wheel and cotter pin.
Question, have you ever looked into the Gruv Gear Muver 6 Cart? It is awesome. I am not going to post it on your thread but I am mentioning it so you and others can see as an alternative. It can make a 36° turn in one spot and that is handy for tight surfaces. Take a look and see.

How did it do on it's maiden voyage? Also as a side note ,I got the bungee cord kit for the R&R carts and it is worth every dagonne penny.