Corporate Events Quoting on large corporate luncheon!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

maestro

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 30, 2006
British Columbia
www.musicmaestrodj.com
Check out the attached photo. Is that a HUGE patio or what? I am quoting for a 2 1/2 hour corporate luncheon to take place on that patio. Wow... :sqbiggrin: The FBT MaxX 4a's won't even break a sweat. I would be using all four for this event. I will go and view the space if I get the job, that way I can see if four tops will do it. Otherwise, I'll have to rent a few more.

I am including 3 back-up rain dates in the quote. They are all weekdays which is not that bad...

Attachments

• 3rdFloorPatio.jpg
    3rdFloorPatio.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 11
Check out the attached photo. Is that a HUGE patio or what? I am quoting for a 2 1/2 hour corporate luncheon to take place on that patio. Wow... :sqbiggrin: The FBT MaxX 4a's won't even break a sweat. I would be using all four for this event. I will go and view the space if I get the job, that way I can see if four tops will do it. Otherwise, I'll have to rent a few more.

I am including 3 back-up rain dates in the quote. They are all weekdays which is not that bad...

A few pointers, since I have done some similar outdoor projects, make sure you carry a container with large garbage bags and tarpaulins to cover your gear in case of unexpected rain. Some long bungee cords to secure the bottoms so the wind don't blow away the plastic is helpful too.
As to sound, its a luncheon so you won't really need to pump things up. Look upon it as an outdoor Cocktail Hour as in a Wedding. People are going to have conversations so watch the volume.

Thanks for the tips Houston. If I get the gig, there will be a 10x10 tent for me to set-up under, so that part is taken care of. :) I would definitely keep the volume low so folks could talk over the music.
Suggestion is to ensure the tent has flaps on all sides. Trust me, they will come in handy in case of rain combined with wind.

BTW Good Luck! I hope you get the Gig. You can chalk it up to a new experience on your resume.

Maestro,
Did you ever get the gig? If you did, how did it go?

Thanks for the tips Houston. If I get the gig, there will be a 10x10 tent for me to set-up under, so that part is taken care of. :) I would definitely keep the volume low so folks could talk over the music.

I've got a 10'X10' EZ-up. Have ever noticed how ear-splitting loud it is under one of those things?

I've got a 10'X10' EZ-up. Have ever noticed how ear-splitting loud it is under one of those things?

Nope! This is because I do not position my speakers under the tent. They are spread as far as they can go and as safe as running speaker cables are allowed. Usually for an outdoor gig I am nowhere near my speakers. They are usually each a 100' or more away from me. Thats 200' from one side to the other.
You should try it!:triwink:

i agree with you Canute. however most of my outside shows, the speakers are around 25-30 feet from me.
i have done car shows where i set up 6 stacks and the farthest away was around 170 feet from me. talking about time delay!!!!

A few pointers, since I have done some similar outdoor projects, make sure you carry a container with large garbage bags and tarpaulins to cover your gear in case of unexpected rain. Some long bungee cords to secure the bottoms so the wind don't blow away the plastic is helpful too.

Or pop up tents.

=)

As to sound, its a luncheon so you won't really need to pump things up. Look upon it as an outdoor Cocktail Hour as in a Wedding. People are going to have conversations so watch the volume.

I agree.

Hey, if you're talking about gear in a trash can...maybe you should talk to Sarge about that....:triwink::tritongue: