Prom #1 tonight setup

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Rick, one X-Laser Mobile Beat MK5 RGB laser would look mighty fine sitting dead center on the top of that truss. :)

More info on the screens please...

Those are el-cheapo screens that I bought to try out for a mitzvah. I intended to only use them for 1 mitzvah then buy fast folds but they've held up a lot longer than I anticipated. They're made out of aluminum pipe and not really strong enough to stand on their own (indoors) and come with stakes and twine to tie them off (outdoors). You can shoot either front or rear project on them. If believe there are some alternatives now which have a bit heavier square frames that I'm thinking about upgrading to. On this weekend's gigs I used gaff tape to bind the screen to the crank stands and it stabilized things a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-OS1...r=8-1&keywords=outdoor+rear+projection+screen

Cheap or not, they look impressive! I like the way they have a little strap every few inches to attach them, just looks cool that way.

The clip-on system works well and gives good tension across the entire surface. The problem is the piping is too thin and is starting to sag a bit in the middle. It's a good value and looks good on the presentation. Just not a long-term solution. I'm half-way tempted to take some stronger pipe (that would fit those clips) and fashion a frame. For $200, it's hard to complain. A Fast-fold is going to run closer to $2k.