Projector Mount

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Ron

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 14, 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
www.rcbaudio.com
Just some quick pics of a new projector mount I cobbled together. Started with screen mount for a karaoke monitor. Slips over the top of any standard size speaker pole. tested it this past weekend with no issues and seems to work very well.
Thoughts, comments, welcome....

2014-09-07 17.51.48.jpg 2014-09-07 17.51.31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We made a plate that goes on our video tripod for ours -- works great and completely adjustable. It's a nice, heavy-duty tripod, mind you.

Ah, that makes more sense. That seems to function about the same as my mic stand with a wooden platform. I've run into a few occasions where I was missing the X-Y axis movement but that was pretty easy to overcome. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of having to use screws into the projector. Too much trouble and takes too long to get it setup. I used velcro straps to hold my projector in place. The unit does look good. Nice job.

Just as a follow up Harbor Freight sells a case that works perfectly for storage and transport, so I do not have to remove it from the mounting bracket...

Do you have a URL? I was just talking with my wife tonight about how to better transport our projectors.

The one I bought is similar to this one http://www.harborfreight.com/17-in-x-12-in-x-5-in-aluminum-tool-case-69317.html except slightly larger. I took some pics of the projector in the case but am still having trouble uploading pictures (I have already contacted Dan) so hopefully they will be up soon.

Good find. I've got one projector in a briefcase-style case with this foam padding that form-fits the projector. The others I've been putting into laptop bags. Since I have to separate out the projectors between different events and configurations, I guess the only thing that makes sense is to build out a foam-padded case for each. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve149