Program For Renaming Video Files

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I have a collection of Funny Video Clips. I would like to rename some so that they are easier to remember/identify. I manually changed the file names by right clicking and renaming but Windows Media Player still recognizes the old file names. How can I change the names and tags permanently?
Is there a freeware out there, one that does not have malware/spyware attached to its download.

I have a collection of Funny Video Clips. I would like to rename some so that they are easier to remember/identify. I manually changed the file names by right clicking and renaming but Windows Media Player still recognizes the old file names. How can I change the names and tags permanently?
Id there a freeware out there, one that does not have malware/spyware attached to its download.

WMP remembers what it used to add the media to its library -- you have to trash the library(s) and rebuild it/them.

It's not hard to do, but you have to remove the library files, and rebuild them.

Check out this link. Works for music, video and images.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1045/wmp_how_to_erase_reset_correct_windows_media_library/

WMP remembers what it used to add the media to its library -- you have to trash the library(s) and rebuild it/them.

It's not hard to do, but you have to remove the library files, and rebuild them.

Check out this link. Works for music, video and images.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1045/wmp_how_to_erase_reset_correct_windows_media_library/

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I will try that.:triwink:

EDIT!!! Hey wait a minute. That program addresses Music Files not Video Files that I specifically outlines. What then needs to be typed in and deleted?

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I will try that.:triwink:

EDIT!!! Hey wait a minute. That program addresses Music Files not Video Files that I specifically outlines. What then needs to be typed in and deleted?

There is a DB for each -- you have to delete them all Bonzo... ;)

Yeah, you should be beating yerself over the head... yorofl:

Just delete anything in that folder with a .wmdb extension -- then let WMP rebuild everything. Just open up WMP, set the folders to what you want for whatever types of media, and minimize it -- all libs will be built in the background, and up to date when you wake up tomorrow :)

lol no comment!