Pontoon Party tomorrow where to set up ?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
Tomorrow I have what I assume will be an awesome party, 50 plus pontoon boats tied up together dockside, my question is where to set up,
1. set up the on 4 foot wide dock , this put me closest to the people
2. set up on shore 30 feet from closest boat
3. Bring my my pontoon use my Honda generator and set up on my boat, this option entails quite a bit more work

what would you do

Reactions: Ausumm
Tomorrow I have what I assume will be an awesome party, 50 plus pontoon boats tied up together dockside, my question is where to set up,
1. set up the on 4 foot wide dock , this put me closest to the people
2. set up on shore 30 feet from closest boat
3. Bring my my pontoon use my Honda generator and set up on my boat, this option entails quite a bit more work

what would you do
Option 2 Safety First Matter of fact it is the only option I really see here.

Reactions: Ausumm
Agreed with all above.
Being on the dock means there's a chance to get wet, and you'll be in the way of anybody who needs to use the dock...
Being on a boat means you're too close to water, there's a good chance of equipment moving and you getting sick if the water is choppy...
Being on the shore means it's just another outdoor gig.

You have the right tools to use if you were on the shore. Safety first. They certainly will hear you with what you're working with.

I do this kind of gig all of the time. I always set up on the dock. Shore is too far away, like you are not even part of the event. On the boat is too unstable. Just my $0.02. GFI outlets for all, though!

If I was on the dock, I'd go battery powered.