Pioneer

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Bassmaster84

New DJ
Jul 23, 2008
www.hotspotsdj.com
Looking back, I don't see much about Pioneer's DJ gear here on ODJT. Is their stuff considered pro-level? Anyone use their controllers or CD players now? I'm just considering my options for future buys.

Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Looking back, I don't see much about Pioneer's DJ gear here on ODJT. Is their stuff considered pro-level? Anyone use their controllers or CD players now? I'm just considering my options for future buys.

Feel free to PM if you prefer.

While their stuff is considered to be "pro-level", Pioneer is usually late to the game with new DJ technology and as a result releases products that are less robust than their competitors' offerings and overpriced for what they are. The only exception would be their SVM-1000 video mixer, which is like nothing else on earth and carries the same price tag as an entry-level Kia hatchback.

If you do any type of video mixing in a nightclub setting, Pioneer is for you. Otherwise, there are only a few reasons to consider purchasing their gear.

Their CDJs are considered industry in Clubs. A lot of Mobile guys over here that have rack systems or use digital setup so thats why not a lot of post about Pioneer over. For one they dont have any Midi controllers like Denons HC4500 or a Hard drive based unit like the HD2500. Their dual player the CMX3000 is a bit overpriced IMO. Even their Flagship CDJ1000 are a bit behind in technology compared to Denons new 3700 tables. They have this new tecnology packed dual player / hard drive player with a colred screen but again for the price its way too much.

Agreed, Pio tends to market to clubs moreso than mobiles. Their CMX line of dually CD players is designed for the mobile DJ.

Yes, Pio is pricey. It costs more for a reason ~ it will still be working when you retire. :)

Pio does have midi controllers out with the new CDJ-400 and MEP rack unit. These units are superior to the denon units and much more reliable then all the problems the denons had initially. Pioneer might have taken their time o do it, but it was worth the wait they did it right. Pioneer will always be the top of the line name in DJ gear.

I use the DVJ-1000s and DJM-909 when I gig. I also use Serato. Pioneer is reliable and I know that my decks aren't going to fail on me, I can't say the same for other units. I have had every other deck/harddrive unit/computer I've used fail on me at least once. My DVJs are always there, rock solid. They let me do everything I want and have transformed the way i spin.

Pio does have midi controllers out with the new CDJ-400 and MEP rack unit. These units are superior to the denon units and much more reliable then all the problems the denons had initially. Pioneer might have taken their time o do it, but it was worth the wait they did it right. Pioneer will always be the top of the line name in DJ gear.

I use the DVJ-1000s and DJM-909 when I gig. I also use Serato. Pioneer is reliable and I know that my decks aren't going to fail on me, I can't say the same for other units. I have had every other deck/harddrive unit/computer I've used fail on me at least once. My DVJs are always there, rock solid. They let me do everything I want and have transformed the way i spin.

The MEP will set you back $2K and the CDJ 400 is not a rack system as most have here.
I meant PIO doesnt have any compact Midi Rack type system like the HC4500. Yes the 400's are great. I would pick them over the DNS 1200. But I will take the new DNs 3700 over the CDJ1000. The CDJ1000's at $1K+ doesnt have Midi outs or USB capability like the $3700 and the Denon is under $1K also.
The DVJ's are a totally different animal from what most mobiles need. And yes it is an awesome peice of gear.

I think the 400's are the best Pioneers Decks for Mobiles right now. Smaller footprint than the 800 and 1000 and does Midi and has USB. I think it has stolen the thunder from its bigger brothers.