Peavey PVX powered speakers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I too used a lot of Peavey products in my day. Those CS rack of amps were very heavy.

I have a local Peavey dealer and went the other day just to look around and found a set of PVX12 non powered and was very surprised as to how light they were. I may go back and listen to them.

i have 2 CS4080s and a CS4000 and IPR 3000 right now also they Peavey QW-4F cabs.. Still great equipment. I have heard the Peavey PVX speakers.. darn good sounding boxes.. Still need a little external EQing though.. Down around 2k or so.. then you are good to go..

I have recently swung back to Peavey with the following items:

IPR2 - 5000 amps ...2 of em
IPR2-3000 amps....2 of em

Peavey Black Widow Low Rider subs in my EV Eliminator cabs. DAMN those things shake the house in a small form EV sub cab.

I just bought 2 JBL PRX712s...I'm pretty sure they would outrun the Peavey. I roll off the bass at 110hz. They can scream just fine beyond that. Very happy with all my current Peavey stuff...

I too used to have the boat anchors- CS800

I run Peavey SP2's. Until recently, I also ran Peavey 115 PS boxes. I still have them - but I'll most likely replace them with another set of SP2's. The 115's came with Scorpion Plus drivers. I took them out and put Black Widows in.

Also run a Peavey GPS-3500 amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtnichol